1950 Chevrolet Fleetline Deluxe 4 door

hey you guys, im going to tell you a lilttle bit about my grandfather's car and beauty.

almost 15 years ago, ye took it home, to start restore process, but due to economical problems, it stood parked taking rain, sun, day and night. Saturday we tried to start it once again, because with my brother, we both went 50%, for a new 6Volt battery. The car like trying to breathe again happily making his best effort. pour some gas on the carb and push the start button.

It did turn just like new, but didnt run. So we proceed to check the points, they were rusty and no continuity. Fixed them. Tried again and nothing, we checked the carb and the deposit was empty no gas from the pump.

So I took apart the fuel pump and checked it, and is Ok, so the thing is the injector of the carb. I've searched Ebay for a restore kit for the RP-50 carb Rochester and is about $12 + shipping.

This is what we did last Saturday while I was also timing the 510 hehe. I will take some pics for you, and maybe you can tell me where I can find a store for spare parts because if here the parts for the 510 are rare, for this one are extinct.

The smell of the car is priceless.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks similar to my dad's first car a 50 Chevy that he bought back in '56.

50_Coupe.jpg

It looked like this without the Fleetline Delux 'fastback' style. It was a gray 2dr. and had the same smell I'll bet. Had a Blue Flame six in it and 'three in the tree'. I thought it would be given to me as my first car when I was 16 but my dad sold it to our neighbor in '65. Huh?? Wtf???

Yup just like that one, the color is exactly as this one

spm1208_legends2.jpg

Straight 6, with a oil sunk air filter. You dont have to sell this pieces of art, you'll someday regret. The plans are, the day i get married, hopefully in not less than 3 years, this will be the car that we will drive of the church :P I love it, is my second in hand love car.

• 8 months later...

It runs!!

yesterday, we took another weekend to wok on the chevy. After fixing the carb and cleaning the fuel pump it started once again.

Some videos for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g-1xAAM5io

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQSti6dCUpM

Now im in the mission on getting some replacement parts, such as aux brake pumps, I dont know if they need change, but I would prefer to change them.

if you guys know where to get parts for this car, please let me know XD!!!