411 owners?

Could someone please take a few pics of their rear suspension and post them up? MIne appears to have an issue, but I'd like to see a "proper" one before I try to make any repairs or replace parts...

Thanks all!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reversed leaf - Yep!

Looks quite odd. Maybe it's fine and I'm just paranoid. I *do* know she's due for shocks, the assend is pretty floaty.

That reverse leaf is normal on this 410411 wagon.

Not sure on the sedan

It's ugly and will remove it when I get a chance

Reversed leaf - Yep!

Looks quite odd. Maybe it's fine and I'm just paranoid. I *do* know she's due for shocks, the assend is pretty floaty.

Sears stocks a gas shock that is perfect for the 411. Has a lifetime guarantee to boot. Make them look it up, it's in the listing. I put a set, front and back, in my 1967 RL411 in 1970. Front unit split a rubber mount gasket in 1998, I had the sales slip [blew the shop manager's mind] so Sears replaced all 4 shocks at no charge. That's why you never throw away a sales slip for anything with a guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, thanks for the info! Any idea, perchance, what brand / model number they are?

Freaky - That's exactly what I want to do with mine - Well, without the bags. Want to remove the reversed leaf and drop it 1" or so, since the tail site pretty high (front is dropped on Roadster springs).

"Brand "is Sears, who knows who realy manufactured them. I will have to dumpster dive in my glove box to get the work order and find the stocking numbers.

I replaced my shocks still under warranty December of 1996. The front shock's stock number [as I remember which was the front] is 02897570, the reference is "Roadhandler Performance Gas". The rears are P/N 02897601, the reference is "Roadhandler Performance, Replaced by 98201" which may mean something to the salesman. If he is really confused, the 1972 stock numbers were 79298 and 79289. [Yes, the originals did last 24 years.] Keep your receipts!