Washington state / parts truck haul away

PtheDude

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i listed my parts truck 521 as a shell only on craigslist and a scrapper (gregs towing) came by the next day and bought it from me for $50. all he asked for was a title. i signed the title and the next time i went to pull-a-part i saw my truck in the yard. this was only a couple months ago.

if you dont have a title and dont care who owned it last drag it in the alley and call it in as abandon. tell them it just appeared a month ago and it's been sitting there. you should have a local abandon hot line in your phone book or a non emergency number. if you cant find these numbers call 911 and ask them what your area abandon car or non emergency number is. i rent apartments and have to call these numbers sometimes.

Probably not the best idea to use the 911 system for this. Every police department has a non-emergency phone line, usually even a 24 hour number. Imagineusing the 911 system for non-emergency(felony? i think), then getting busted for calling in an abandoned vehicle that you put there without a title and parts are on your vehicle from it and in your garage(storage). Would not be a good day for a Ratsun'er.

Jason

I don't like the abondanment idea at all! Some guy probably sold the truck sometime back....trusted the new owner to transfer the title and for DMV to actually receive the registration and take it off his list of vehicles. Then the new Ahole doesn't tranfer it......sells it again...blah, blah....ends up abandoned a couple of years later and the original owner gets a F'ing bogus tow bill for a huge amount of $'s. I know LeDevil can relate to this as well.

If you don't have a title, get some demolition blades from home depot for a sawzall(rent one of those if you have to) and cut it up into pieces small enough for a scrapper to get into his truck. Some will take it if it's been quartered, but I go a good bit smaller. I usually cut the vin out of the sheet metal and frame and throw them away separately.

If you have the title, almost any wrecking yard will pick it up for free or even give you a couple of $'s for the scrap metal.

well my lil personal story is when i bought my 620 a few years back i went with the seller the same day and transferred the truck to my name but didn't immed register it. he called me about a month later complaining that i hadn't registered it and the dmv was mailing him stuff about re-registerring his truck. i marked it up to his registration being the same month as i bought it and the fact that he was a crochety old man and had nothing better to do than call me and complain about something that isn't really an issue. i told him to just throw it away and not worry about it. he called again a couple days later even tho i said it still wouldn't be registered for another month or so because i was waiting on money for insurance and whatnot. and i just found out that when i had to leave it behind and it got taken to the dump my ex unintentionally kept the title so i still have it.