new guy here.

uhhitsfuzzy

wsup guys! names Chester from LosAngeles. i just got my first 620 yesterday at an auction for $200 =] came with a new tiny carb and new mastercylinder. Im not really sure how much mileage is in it, btw its clean title. I think it was orange before coz when i popped the hood the engine bay is orange.

Goals for now:

-lower the truck

-switch to discbrakes

-get wider rims and stretch tires

Question: is it possible to swap in a VG30ET coz i got an 84 z31T sitting at home.

THANKS!!!

enjoy the pics!

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The VG30E would probably fit fine, the VG30ET would really cramp the engine bay. With the 510, having to plumb in all the turbo exhaust and intercooler piping takes up a LOT of the engine bay space. I have a buddy doing one now, and he can't even get to some of the exhaust manifold bolts because of all the crap in the way. The NA VG30 would have plenty of torque.

awesome lookin truck... here's what you do... if you're gonna have somebody else do it then take the 300z... get stock manifolds off a non turbo vg30 tell the guy you want the vg under the hood with the non turbo manifolds, the turbos just inside the bed inside a truck box like this. and then you get a twin turbo truck.... a clean install under the hood and rediculous torque for that light ass truck... not to mention... you could upgrade the turbos and have something like this (i couldnt find the link i wanted. a drag car with two turbos in the trunk so massive they took up the entire trunk basically, think it was a fox body coupe.).

be a super bad ass setup. you'd def need to upgrade to that disc brake setup and prolly wanna get some fatter meat on the rear...

i realize this is redic. expensive, but i would do it if i had the money or fab skills. :D

clean lookin truck, not a bad score for 200.00 dollars, by looking at it i would say it is a 74 or older, the side vents on the cab give that away, i agree with pac, drive her and do alot of research, the vg will fit, i have helped put one into a five ten, so i know it should work in the 620 cause u have more engine compartment room, and welcome to your new home away from home, and always make sure to ck the faq's first, then ask questions, we have a fairly large library of info here and alot of very knowledgable people here also, and they r always willing to help out:) tom

awesome lookin truck... here's what you do... if you're gonna have somebody else do it then take the 300z... get stock manifolds off a non turbo vg30 tell the guy you want the vg under the hood with the non turbo manifolds, the turbos just inside the bed inside a truck box like this. and then you get a twin turbo truck.... a clean install under the hood and rediculous torque for that light ass truck... not to mention... you could upgrade the turbos and have something like this (i couldnt find the link i wanted. a drag car with two turbos in the trunk so massive they took up the entire trunk basically, think it was a fox body coupe.).

be a super bad ass setup. you'd def need to upgrade to that disc brake setup and prolly wanna get some fatter meat on the rear...

i realize this is redic. expensive, but i would do it if i had the money or fab skills. :D

sounds very interesting and sounds like alot of money..

i just want a dailydriver from point A to B with a stock turbo engine and good suspension.. any suggestion for suspension?

Nice $200 620 :D I say if its running leave it as is & drive it for the summer. Take time to research options too. Beebani,Mklotz & Fineline all make/sell disc brake conversion brackets here.

yea its running. but not so good. it may need a tune up. best would be a rebuild but i have a z31T sitting in my garage and i wanna make a use of it.

The VG30E would probably fit fine, the VG30ET would really cramp the engine bay. With the 510, having to plumb in all the turbo exhaust and intercooler piping takes up a LOT of the engine bay space. I have a buddy doing one now, and he can't even get to some of the exhaust manifold bolts because of all the crap in the way. The NA VG30 would have plenty of torque.

do you have pix of the swap? thanks

sounds very interesting and sounds like alot of money..

i just want a dailydriver from point A to B with a stock turbo engine and good suspension.. any suggestion for suspension?

well in that case you're best bet would be an SR20DET or a KA24DE and then put a T on it. unless you just have your heart set on using that VGT you've already got, i think you'd be better off sellin it and then usin that money for a turbo 4 cyl.

it is a really good lookin basis for a dd.

i do not want to burst your bubble , but most cabs past the year of 74 do not have vents in the cab pillars, if u do not have front disc brakes, and u have cab vents, the truck is a 74 or older, if u have front disc brakes, and it has vents in cab, then some one switched the cab, thats just the straight truth, all trucks after 74 had no cab pillar vents , i used to live in san diego, and i would see a lot of 620's that had the vin plates changed and registered as newer models and or older models, that is why i stated what i did. if in doubt ck the rt frame rail just below the the altenator, on top between the oil filter and altenator, the vin number is stamped there also, if u can not find it, ck to see if it is ground off or covered over, that is also an old switch trick, just trying to help out a fellow datsun peep with the knowledge i have so u won't be trying to get stuff for the wrong type front end brakes, etc...and also later on for future registration purposes, if a wise a$$ dmv person knows the frame rail vin trick, even thou u bought it at auction, u r still responsible for your vin regitration in cali..:) just some fyi