need head....

Nothing wrong with the W-58 head. It has large valves and ports identical to the U-67 except that it has round exhause outlets. It's down side are the exhaust liners, but these can be removed and the nubs in the port walls ground out as part of a P&P. I've done this so not too hard to do.

2 weeks, I am in the national guard.....I'm not gunna PORT it for that long, lol

Geeeez, this thread has gone from 'head' to 'tails.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed the valve and slit the liner down it's length in three places with a small chisel, then pried the liner into the middle of the port and crumpled it up enough to pull out. First one took like 40 min to learn how, the other three were about 10 min.

The liner is held away from the port wall by small 'bumps' so it will hold the heat and get glowing hot. Once out grind them off.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/head78L20B620W-58exhaustlinerLarge.jpg[/img]"]head78L20B620W-58exhaustlinerLarge.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I get back on friday, and I will be pulling the head ASAP! I will clean it a little and port it, then off to the machine shop to be rebuilt and decked. Is there anything I need to ask for specifically while I am there? should I go up a size or two on the valves? what do I need to say to them so they know what I need done and don't try to rip me off?