The Camaro we just finished

The car was real rough when the customer brought it to us. We replaced both fenders (crap aftermarket parts that we had to make fit). Door skin on the right side, with a rust repair to the shell. Patches in the left door. Patches in both 1/4 panels at the front and rear of the wheel opening. The nose piece was broken nearly in half. They dont make many pieces for a 77 so we had to make due on some things. We shaved the handles, side markers, lines around the tailights, and the trunk lock. I was unsure when the owner said he wanted it 2 toned, but im am very happy with the look now that its said and done. I really wish he would have listened to me about putting 18's and 20's or 22's on it, and now that the car is done the owner thinks the same thing. Oh well, its his money. Hope yall like!!!!

beforepictures2.jpg

beforepictures6.jpg

beforepictures8.jpg

beforepictures11.jpg

bodyfinished003.jpg

bodyfinished007.jpg

readyfordelivery002.jpg

readyfordelivery003.jpg

readyfordelivery004.jpg

readyfordelivery005.jpg

readyfordelivery009.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!!!

This car is part of whats been keeping me off the 521. Now that its gone the 521 is exploded in the shop right now, the frame under the cab is shortened 1 1/2 inches reboxed and reinforced, with the body mounts dropped the same. Hopefully over the week, i get the cab back on with the floor raised 1 inch to put the rocker on the ground :)

The camaro only left friday :)

Airedout is one of the "doer's"......personally, I don't care where he puts it as long as I get to see it!! :)

Awesome work!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Its already lowered 2 inches all the way around, and lower and there would be nowhere to run the exhaust. Chevrolet left no space to run the exhaust under the unibody structure, it just runs under it. And being a 780hp 454, it really does need the 3 inch exhaust that it has. I do agree though, if it were mine i would have had to channel the exhaust up into the body and have around 3 inches of ground clearance under the pinchweld

very nice paint job. the wheels are a little cheesy though and the wrong off sett, it would look way better if it was lowered a little.

Paint prices start at $2000-2500, add for any damage or rust repair. We only use the highest quality materials, and sand and buff to the finest finish. I can just about guarantee you best paint awards at just about any show you could take it out too. Id love to paint your car!

Looks like you guys did a good job. Please paint my 260. I'm local :D
Edited by airedout
Paint prices start at $2000-2500, add for any damage or rust repair. We only use the highest quality materials, and sand and buff to the finest finish. I can just about guarantee you best paint awards at just about any show you could take it out too. Id love to paint your truck!

Sent you a PM. :)

This took about 6 months and $14,000. The car was striped to the bare metal inside and out, and the was a whole lot or work that you wouldnt even imagine. Floor pans, fixing the bent up rockers, panel alignment, with aftermarket parts, the 100+ hour sanding and buffing, there are so many little things that i just cant upload the 1000 plus pictures i have of this car taken over the 6 month period. Me and my father do this on the side now that we closed out shop 3 years ago. The cost would have been double that at our old shop rate, but with no overhead we can cut the costs. But we both work fulltime jobs, him in a collision repair shop, and me in a restoration shop. So this is a nights (when we are not to tired) and weekends project.

I love to see when people do it right and not just go for the 10 foot paint job (only looks good at 10 feet away, get any closer and it looks like shite. :lol:)

Sweet looking Camaro, how long did that project take?