1978 620 California Step Side

jjhains

I am a new member, just signed up. I wanted to share my pictures, but I am not sure how to upload to this site, so here is the link to my photo bucket at the end of the post.

I bought this truck new in 1978, in NorthBay, Ontario, Canada at Bert Simpson Motors... a then Datsun dealer.

I have just purchased another 1979 620 California Step Side, which is in quite decent condition that I am planning on restoring.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/johnhains/?action=view&current=1978Datsun.jpg

John

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, try this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to include pictures within your posts and/or would like to maintain your own independent photo album, this guide is for you. (This will also allow people to see your images without having to be logged in).

There are many places to host pictures including Yahoo!'s flickr.com, Google's Picasa and Photobucket. I'll focus on the later, as it's the easiest to suss out for posting pictures on a forum such as this one.

1. The first step is obviously to create an account on your desired image host. For this example we're using Photobucket. Navigate to http://photobucket.com and click the "join now" button. Fill out the signup form to start your account.

2. Now that you've started an account, you can upload photos to your album. Go to "My Account" and you'll be presented with the option to upload pictures. If you don't see a link for "My Account," go back to the front page http://photobucket.com/ and you'll see it as a tab, or you'll need to sign in. Once you've clicked the link, you'll see a few buttons which read "Choose Fle." Click them and select the picture(s) you'd like to upload, when you are done choosing the pictures to upload, click the "Upload" button. Once the status bar reaches 100%, you'll have photos in your album!

3. Scroll down in your album, and you'll see the images you just uploaded. Underneath each image should be various shortcuts, the one we're interested in for posting on this forum is "IMG Code." Copy that content and paste it into your posts -- it's that easy.

(If anybody can improve on this guide, by all means, do so).

Here the picture link. Do you have any updated pics of your current ride?

1978Datsun.jpg?t=1239860537

I still need to get a picture of my model up here. I have one just like that in a model. I can't get over how much this one looks exactly like my model other then the paint scheme.

Do you have any pictures of your model? The 1979 620 Step Side I have just purchased is white.... some of you might have seen it on E-bay.... well, I'm on my way to Florida Monday to pick it up... I will postsome pictures of it on my Photo Bucket. Also, thanks to the one who posted info regard how to post pics. Much, much thanks.

John

420 haha I was just doing that. I killed the links.

JJ You say your going to Florida to get it???? It has Oregon plate on it??

Yes, The guy I bought it from lives in Florida, where the truck is now located. The guy he bought it from was out in Oregon in Jan.09 -- these are Jan.09 pics.

Do you have any pictures of your model? The 1979 620 Step Side I have just purchased is white.... some of you might have seen it on E-bay.... well, I'm on my way to Florida Monday to pick it up... I will postsome pictures of it on my Photo Bucket. Also, thanks to the one who posted info regard how to post pics. Much, much thanks.

John

I took one from my cell phone and sent it to gmail, and gmail just so happens to be effing up today, so i'll get it posted later.