Birthday Present for Myself

Farmer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do cross drilled rotors actually work or is it just the bling bling factor?

For me, its just for looks. 102 for the set not to bad either. I'll be getting same ones when I do the rear conversion.

Larry

from what i recall over the years and what ive read on rotor 'designs', slotted seem to be the best 'effect' for street use. The slot allows for any gases caused by the friction of braking to be evacuated from the braking surfaces without compromising the structural integrity of the rotor. Cross drilled rotors are more prone to cracking than most other designs. Dimpled seems to be a hybrid of the 2. similar function of slotted, but not to the same extent, and drilled appearance.

Although, for performance issues, you're more likely to see better results from better pads than you are slotted rotors over basic (assuming both in good condition).

bad ass.

x2

...and the slotted vs dimpled vs drilled argument is so beaten to death lol. Even car manufactures can't decide. They all just bs about the ones they picked.