South Bay, CA Ratsun/Datsun/Old School Meet

71DIMER

Hey Bay Area Ratsun members it looks like recently there's been a few events that just never get off the ground or end up canceled. I've been talking to BoostinBen and a few other 510 guys and figured it might be best to pick a place and a time to meet and just see who can show up...so here it is:

Feel free to let others know to help with the turnout!

WHAT: South Bay Datsun Meet

WHERE: 3605 El Camino Real Santa Clara CA (just off Lawerence Expressway)

WHEN: Thursday 4/16 @ 7pm

Like our San Diego counterparts this will just be a very casual meet outside Starbuck's so whoever wants to come on over to check out each other's rides and talk cars while grabbing a cup of joe is welcome to come on down. Let's see if we can make this a semi-regular meetup too. :)

ratsunoldschoolmeet-2.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN Mario I would so be down for this just a bit to far south for the east and north bay guys, I am all for a weekly casual meet and am always down for a starbucks is there ant place a little farther north that everyone could agree on maybe like fremont, automall has 2 starbucks one on the 880 side and another on the 680 side or there should be one in the macarthy ranch* (sp) area? I dunno I would just like to be able to meet up with some other Datsun freaks maybe we can come to a middle ground agreement. I dont want it to sound like its all about me because its not! its about 17 miles from my house to automall exit and close to the same for the southbay guys, I would just love to see this happen

Clayton

DAMN Mario I would so be down for this just a bit to far south for the east and north bay guys, I am all for a weekly casual meet and am always down for a starbucks is there ant place a little farther north that everyone could agree on maybe like fremont, automall has 2 starbucks one on the 880 side and another on the 680 side or there should be one in the macarthy ranch* (sp) area? I dunno I would just like to be able to meet up with some other Datsun freaks maybe we can come to a middle ground agreement. I dont want it to sound like its all about me because its not! its about 17 miles from my house to automall exit and close to the same for the southbay guys, I would just love to see this happen

Clayton

Automall Fremont is perfect :D

Right across it, In and Out burger then right next to that is Wing Stop

Or Hooters @ Mowry

Maybe my friend will bring his newly acquired 510

Just bought today

Sounds good Ben and PL521, I'll let a few other guys I know who aren't on Ratsun know too.

I picked the spot after talking to a few others and since in the past it's pretty clear that if brought up it can go back and forth on and on about where & when to meet...so that's why we'll see who can show up...hopefully it'll be a small group but we'll see....so get your butt in gear Clay (and Lisa), it's just not a meet without you guys there! :P

Edited by 71DIMER

Clayton

Sounds good Ben and PL521, I'll let a few other guys I know who aren't on Ratsun know too.

I picked the spot after talking to a few others and since in the past it's pretty clear that if brought up it can go back and forth on and on about where & when to meet...so that's why we'll see who can show up...hopefully it'll be a small group but we'll see.

Sweet

Post it on JNC as well

there's a few local on that forum also

Invite non Datsun folks as well like the Toyota folks

I know we have someone that has Skyline local here in Fremont

And I'll bring my ultra rare stock L16 powered Datsun :lol:

Sweet

Post it on JNC as well

there's a few local on that forum also

Invite non Datsun folks as well like the Toyota folks

I know we have someone that has Skyline local here in Fremont

And I'll bring my ultra rare stock L16 powered Datsun :lol:

Yeah I'll post it on the few sites I go to as well (the510realm, kp61.net,etc) but I don't go on JNC, I'm hoping my Pacman can post it there of if you belong to it post it up there. Yeah I changed it to old school meet rather than just Ratsuns... :P

Ok good...you can be photog...I was gonna bring my Canon Rebel XTi too but now I'll just bring my pocket camera. :)

I emailed with a photog from JNC mag, he said he might be able to make it out too. We'll see.

SO i looked up directions on yahoo today and although its further than I wanted it to be it looks like Lisa and I may attend and I may have talked Troy in dusting off the bluebird and bringing that out too :D so hopefully we will see you at around 7 tomorrow night

Clayton

SO i looked up directions on yahoo today and although its further than I wanted it to be it looks like Lisa and I may attend and I may have talked Troy in dusting off the bluebird and bringing that out too :D so hopefully we will see you at around 7 tomorrow night

Clayton

if you help me put the rest of the parts on my car, I might be able to come out tomorrow... I'm booking a flight for tomorrow :)

The meet was a hit. We had a pretty damn good turn out especially since it was less than a week's notice...I got there early and at for the first 20 minutes it was just me and another guy...wasn't looking good but then they just kept rolling in.

Over 20 cars showed up and over 30 people (quite a few showed up without thier old school car...this time).

Saw many familiar faces (Clay/Lisa/Troy/Ashley/Ben/Hector/Alex/Daniel/etx) and got to meet lots of nice new guys & gals and saw lots of cool cars so here's the pics,.

Here's a partial list of folks that were there, I know I missed a few since I was too busy looking and talking to most of you guys and some left before I got to meet them....but just wanted to say it was great meeting all of you and thanks for turning out and making this a successful meet.

William's 1972 Datsun 510 2 door 510, Yellow with black stripes with cool custom grille

Gerardo's 1971 Datsun 510 4 door, orange/red with minilites

Derek's 1972 Datsun 510 4 door, white with roll cage

Mark's 1975 Yellow Dodge Colt Goon

Ben's Satin Black 2 door SR20DET

Clay/Lisa's Datsun 510 2 door sporting Clay's Goon's 16" Panasports

Abraham's 1972 Datsun 510 2 door with Watanabes and sweet 68 grille

Gustavo's 1973 Datsun 510 4 door yellow and white paint with minilites

Ashley's Frankenstein (according to Troy) Datsun 510 4 door, white with minilites...next time bring a big jacket so you don't have to take cover in your car...J/K :P

Alex's Datsun 510 4 door, red with clean SR20DE and 16" meshies

Jason's 1974 BMW 2002

Emanuel's 1973 Toyota Corolla with 13" Rota RBs

Peter's 1971 Datsun 510 2 door, smooth dark orange/reddish paint with a close copy of my license plates (His: MI DIME Me: MY DIME)

Dan's 1973 Datsun 510 2 door with stock L16

Francis' 1970 Datsun 2 door with clean green paint

Gustavo's 1970 Datsun 510 2 door, silver paint with libre's (Clayton's old car)

Eric's 1976 Toyota Celica

JP not in his 1973 Toyota Celica

Jeff's 1972 Toyota Celica

Juan's 1971 Datsun 510 2 door, butterscotch with nice S14 KA

Marcus' 1972 Datsun 510 4 door converted into 2 door with nice SR20DET (sweet burnout :P)

Andrew's 1986 Chrysler Conquest, silver

Hector not in his Datsun 510 2 door or goon

Ok on to the pics with PL521's clean dime, dang and I thought I could have bought it for $1000...oh and Abraham I forgot to ask you about the tail lights Daniel told me about..I'll hit you up soon.

DSCN4918-1.jpg

DSCN4914.jpg

DSCN4913.jpg

DSCN4912.jpg

DSCN4911.jpg

DSCN4910.jpg

DSCN4860.jpg

DSCN4861.jpg

DSCN4862.jpg

DSCN4863.jpg

DSCN4864.jpg

DSCN4865.jpg

DSCN4866.jpg

DSCN4867.jpg

DSCN4868.jpg

DSCN4869.jpg

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4871.jpg

DSCN4872.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

DSCN4874.jpg

DSCN4875.jpg

DSCN4876.jpg

DSCN4877.jpg

DSCN4878.jpg

DSCN4879.jpg

DSCN4880.jpg

DSCN4881.jpg

DSCN4882.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER

Thanks Mario for getting this together...and to think I didnt want to go at first :lol: it was a great turn out and I had a chance to meet a few cool people and I was able to see my FIRST 510 again :cool: Lisa was all exited when people were all over her car and asking questions and giving compliments ("THEY LIKE MY CAR!!! :D") I love to see her smile! all in all it was great and I CAN'T wait till the next one (hopefully a little closer)

Ben, I know you have a camera full of pictures lets see em please

Clayton

I told you it wouldn't have been a meet without you guys...and of course we liked Lisa's dime...it's sweet looking and running (especially when you guys left :D). I can't belive I didnt take a pic of your old 510 Clay...but since it was next to mine I think I just passed it over since I've already posted my car plenty in my thread. But I did get it in my video clip. Good to see it's in good hands. The new owner seems to be a pretty enthusiastic guy and his kid brother (who wants one too) and dad were there with him.

Can't wait to see the pics you took Ben. They should look great since you had a kick butt camera.

th_DSCN4916.jpg