280z dash swap

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold one for 7 bills lol, can't believe how imp it is to people to have a crack free dash.

Some people like their cars to look nice inside and out. I am not into "show cars" as much as "go cars" but it you are going to have a clean car with fresh paint on the outside, then why have an ugly crack on your dashboard inside? Hopefully, you spend more time inside your car driving it so staring at a nice clean dash instead of an ugly crack is better for most people.

I have a nice 240Z. It is not a show winner but the paint looks good and and I drive it all the time so when I was building it, I picked up a brand new NOS dash for it. Back in 2004, I got a great deal on one. I paid less then you sold your used one for. Now they seem to bring $1000-$1500. For that much money, I would install a cap.

Looking at my nice clean 240Z dash while driving it makes me enjoy my car even more.

Some people like their cars to look nice inside and out. I am not into "show cars" as much as "go cars" but it you are going to have a clean car with fresh paint on the outside, then why have an ugly crack on your dashboard inside? Hopefully, you spend more time inside your car driving it so staring at a nice clean dash instead of an ugly crack is better for most people.

I have a nice 240Z. It is not a show winner but the paint looks good and and I drive it all the time so when I was building it, I picked up a brand new NOS dash for it. Back in 2004, I got a great deal on one. I paid less then you sold your used one for. Now they seem to bring $1000-$1500. For that much money, I would install a cap.

Looking at my nice clean 240Z dash while driving it makes me enjoy my car even more.

I'm not knocking people for having uncracked dashes, mine sure as hell wont be uncracked. I'm knocking what people pay for used ones. You could get a whole parts car with an uncracked dash for 3-500. Paying 700+ for just the dash is silly to me. 1-1.5 I never saw for a used one, nos sure. For nos I can see paying it too, a resto or some such, not me per se but someone.

Thats what I been saying!!!! lol

The nos dash is the single most expensive s30 part, then nos rear 1/4's, then door panels, am radio.... That one is a 2nd gen too, the purists pay well over 2k for a nos 1st gen.

Usually I'd say well people can do what they like but this is more then that imo. This is a trend, 5 years ago a nos 1st gen was under a grand. I know people buying up nos and just storing them. There are people near me on the east coast of all places with bins and semis full of nos parts from dealer buy outs in Canada and the like. Not to mention the people outside this country buying up our lhd shit because all the countries around them are rhd, mostly arabs. I have had quite a few rare pieces go out to the middle east and have recently begun refusing to sell there because I'm sick of seeing already rare parts exported.

The classic Japanese following is growing very fast and supply is dieing out even faster. Within the next decade normal people aren't going to be able to own a decent 240z. People are going to do to them what they did to American muscle cars, which imho is a travesty.

I guess its just a fact of life but seeing the signs bothers me.

Edited by 72240z
  • 1 month later...
Very nice! Did you have to cut it any?

had to trim a little off the sides tward the back that stuck out but cant be seen anyways not too much and had to trim the front middle sheet metal back

Edited by sssr20det510
iv seen Z32 and 240SX in a Z but not a Z in a 510, that sounds pretty cool tho

thought id post pics here too on my dash swap

280zdash1.jpg

going by skibs statment and these results is it safe to conclude that a z32 and or 240sx dash fit in a dime?

The z32 one is pretty sweet too but I don't like how he did the exterior. I do like how the whole car has the z32 theme though.

None of them are direct bolt in so that being said any dash fits, if your willing to make it so.

going by skibs statment and these results is it safe to conclude that a z32 and or 240sx dash fit in a dime?

dont remember what it took to get the Z32 dash in the the SX one takes some trimming and such, but with some work itl fit