howdy

i am new here, i al on streetsourcemag.com and datsun pickup truck lover under the same name. i have owned quite a few 521 and 620 trucks. i just bought another 521 this weekend. i will posting pics and working on it in a few weeks.

i am also looking for a set of stock steel smoothie wheels from a 521 or 620 a stock steering wheel from a 521 and a radio.

if anyone can help please message me.

thanks for letting me in!

Edited by cookiemonster131
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

well it is done, sorry for the lack of updates... i honestly just forgot.

the truck is all done except the seat could use a recover to match the rest of the interior.

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2151.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

DSCN2166.jpg

i am sadly putting it up for sale though to fund another big project. here is a list of stuff done to it.

the truck was pieced together out of 3 trucks about 3 years ago. the motor was gone through about 5 years ago but the valve seals have dried out so it smokes on startup and clears up after a bit and then is fine. the rear main seal also leaks a bit. i have driven it over 1000 miles since i bought it and changed the oil and the dipstick is still on full (take that for what you will). the truck was sandblasted inside and out and the frame was all gone through and the frame was all painted black before assemble. the truck was painted inside and out and underside datsun spanish red from the datsun 1600 roadsters. he never painted the bed and the truck sat outside for 5 years roughly. so when i got it barely ran (enough to get it on the trailer) the brakes didnt work and the gas tank was all messed up and clogged up. i brought it home and got a set of wheels and painted them wimbeldon white and mounted a set of kumho tires i had with about 5k on them. i then lowered it 4 inches all the way around, it still rides great like stock and doesnt bottom out and can still haul weight. i then cleaned out all the brake lines and the fuel lines. got the brakes working and adjusted and then cleaned and blasted the inside of the tank. got the gas gauge working also. the truck then got a rebuilt carb, new plugs wires, coil and such. is has a electronic distributor on it from a datsun 620 from the 70's. it also has a chevy one wire alternator. it also has a 5 speed transmission and average about 25 MPG running 80 for over 100 miles. i have everything working on it, from the the lights to the dimmer, to the underhood light, to the dome light, cigeratte light, to the radio lights up (no speaker). the truck runs and drives great and runs with interstate traffic great, will pass if you want it too. the truck has all NOS rubber in it when it was put back together. the glass is all good. the dash pad has 0 cracks in it! the seat is out of a 94-03 S-10. it fits great and i cut the headrests off and just put the factory cover back on it. i was going to have it covered in black vinyl. the doorpanels and kick panels have been recoved. the headliner is new as is the carpet. the steering wheel is out of a junk yard truck. it is fair, they are HARD to come by. i was planing on getting a red metalfake wheel for it so it would be smaller and there would be more leg room. the truck runs and drives great. it stops like a truck with drum brakes. everything under the truck has been painted plack except the exhaust and i left it cause i like the rusty crusty pipe. it doesnt leak but it just is a nice contrast. the roll pan is new and all the side markers and such are working! the tailights are from a 41-48 chevy. the bed has been undercoated with SEM undercoating system for toughtness. there is also a bed mat i cut down to fit in there. i think that is about it, the bedsides were lengthed with another bed so it match the rocker height. the cab and front end were not repainted just buffed. after about 6 monthes it will all match. it is a VERY close match now but in bright flourescent light you can see a slight differnce, in sunlight you cannot tell the differnce. the tailgate was not body worked because it was to rough. we just painted it, it doesnt look bad at all but it would have needed 10+ hours of body work. i was just holding out for a better one, i have over a quart of spare spanish red paint.

i think that is about it. i have a clean NC title in my name, the VIN number has already been inspected by NC inspectors so it is good to go.

$3000 OBO

email me at jmotes@gmail.com