datsun 521 a/c unit complete 400.00

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he do? I was about to tell you guys how to make that AC system work much better. I guess there'd be no point now. (I'm also an AC tech)

It is an old score Stephen. :mellow:

We had some issues in the past with this guy and let's just say that he is not welcome here anymore. He knows why. ;)

I replace the upright York compressor with either a Sanden or Hitachi rotary compressor. And use the largest condensor you can fit behind your grille. That makes the system run 8-12 degrees cooler than the upright. Most of the parts needed can be found in the junkyard. Things like brackets, pulleys, idlers, etc. You can even add a pusher type fan of the front of the condenser to help with cooling at low speed/idle.

I replace the upright York compressor with either a Sanden or Hitachi rotary compressor. And use the largest condensor you can fit behind your grille. That makes the system run 8-12 degrees cooler than the upright. Most of the parts needed can be found in the junkyard. Things like brackets, pulleys, idlers, etc. You can even add a pusher type fan of the front of the condenser to help with cooling at low speed/idle.

thanks. Rotary like on honduhs right? Coolness park.

thanks. Rotary like on honduhs right? Coolness park.
I'll actually use the Sanden SD508 because there are universal brackets available for them or the Hitachi MJ167 from a ZX/Maxima because the brackets for them bolt on to an L series. You'll have to have hoses made up for the changeover. I have the equipment to do that but most AC shops can do that also.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.