1971 Datsun 521 Round II ( the nicer of the two)

jrock4224

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks been a while but riht back into the swing of datsuning..........got a few more wrinkles to iron out.....anybody know a part number for the fuel vent hosefrom the tank to the filler neck.......would like a factory replacement for mine if not i will track down something....as soon as i find my digital camera i will post some pics of my progress......

I was researching some carb stuff for mine when I read this thread. I believe this is what you need. Please confirm for yourself from the pdf Mike posted a link to. I got this off page 192-194 of the "Datsun_Pick-Up_USA_&_Canada_Parts_Catalog_Model_520_521_Series" pdf.

17229-B2000 Hose-filler

$22.68 + shipping from http://www.nissanparts.cc/

That looks like the filler hose not the breather but thanks you for the heads up....I made something work, it's not factory but you dont see it at all...if it dont work i will look a tit but it should be fine........thatnks for the info mkoltz......i appreciate it that will help me find the voltage regualtor i need too. thanks again....

I think I'd do the upgrade to an internally reg'd alt before I spent any money on a volt reg. Scrapyard alternator and some minor rewiring and it will give more amps for less $'s than the new reg. :)

Is that the saturn upgrade... i plan on running on board air and a amp and stereo stuff so i figured a new higher amp alt is mandatory ......what s the bes tone to use i read a little on hear and it seems everyone uses a lot of different ones...most common though appears to be the saturn, what year and model saturn do i look for to get a alt off of...

good news i just picked up a 1971 chevrolet blazer for my wife and i to play with i will post pics of htat as they become available....