1971 Datsun 521 Round II ( the nicer of the two)

jrock4224

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1971521DatsunPickUp056.jpg

more like land of the setting sun....done for day........motor tranny both back in tranny and rearend all re lubed up, motor dropped in....still need intake and exhaust.....pulled hubs to be machined to accept common gm wheels.

1971521DatsunPickUp034.jpg

more interior pics form 1/2ton.....

1971521DatsunPickUp031.jpg

Sub box behind pass seat....

1971521DatsunPickUp035.jpg

center console mod.....added a center console to a truck that never had one offered for it.....i do not advise doing what i did in going and buying allt he parts from a dealership...500.00 later...

1971521DatsunPickUp027.jpg

1971521DatsunPickUp026.jpg

My buddy Frank Jr's 240 witha rb26 tt, fast but noisy....road all the way to Golden huff fumes from the exhaust.....check that valve cover I painted, looks better on film then in person.

Edited by jrock4224

1971521DatsunPickUp006.jpg

my favorite 510 form the golden meet.....tried to convince the wife i need one of these to cart the child around in...i said hey its a four door....

.1971521DatsunPickUp007.jpg

1971521DatsunPickUp005.jpg

second fav car....clean

1971521DatsunPickUp019.jpg

third favorite car HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by jrock4224

yeah I know I got a 32/36 sittin at home that i had issues with on my mazda..... thinkin if i cant get the stocker to run then i might rebuild and rejet that and put it on. i need to find a starting point jettin wise then i will try it plus i need an adapter plate to adapt ...but the biggest reason is i just powdercaoted my stock air cleaner assembly and i wanna see it make it on there but im sure your right even after cleaning the stock carb it looks like it will have issues. crossin my fingers but i will rpobably eventually end up doin a carb on it. I m just afraid of my redline carb it had issues along withthe others i bought maybe on a 521 i can make it run better.

Ill keep an eye out for some more of those rims got some gm connections and les schwab too. I;'ll keep my eyes peeld for you thanks for the compliments too. i hope to have her on the road this week.

with informative stuff like that you can jack my thread anytime.......thats sweet. but i have both styles of air cleaner, that one you show and the one i am planning on using. I got the flat bottom and the domed top for it. i never thought of that, I am glad you pointed this thread out if i end up going with a weber i will definately use your idea.......send that thing to me and let me make it pretty for you.

i will post pics of the one i got

i know people probably know this already but REDDAT on ebay is the greatest datsun person i dealt with to date. ordered gaskets and he went extra mile to get them to me by the weekend even shipped things twice....and the best part the gaskets he sent where so nice i crapped myself. no crappy discount shit ....genuine datsun, long lastin, good stuff. highly reccomended for gaskets and what not. i will shop from him again. for sure. you guys should check it out he's out of texas and my stuff i needed was here in two days and he sent the rest ground and didn't even up charge me. :D

Edited by jrock4224

forums for mazda b2200. i got a x cab thats bagged, unforotunately its on jack stands needing the motor out of it. i gave the head away and am on the hunt for a motor for it. missed out on a crate motor on craigslist two weeks ago so the search is on.

yeah i seen his car at golden gardens and talked to him a little. also seen your bro at the a local rc track i race at too. keep runnin in to him all over.....on the streets and everywhere....

IMG00050-20090415-2110.jpg

motor all assembled and cranked over, powdercoated air cleaner installed along withthe rest of the powder coated parts and pieces.

IMG00049-20090415-2109.jpg

Hubs reinstalled and new wheels are on .. still in the air for a slave and clutch master cylinder replacement.....