Parts Run! San Diego to Portland

nukeday

I did not know where else to post this, but this is an EVENT. Well, it is for me anyway. And hopefully for lots of NW Ratsun members...

Here's the scoop:

I'm delivering a Luv pickup via tow dolly to Camp Pendleton, CA from Eugene, OR. The owner of the truck paid for it last November, and has now paid for me to transport it down to him. Camp Pendleton is about 30 minutes north of dat521kids Golden Pile of Vintage Datsun Parts!

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=9538

Save these parts! Redistribute the wealth!

I've bounced the idea of bringing back a lot of the larger parts off of both PacCoast and dat521kid and they are 'in'. I'll have a 1/2 ton Ford F-150, short bed with canopy completely empty after I drop off the Luv. Makes sense to pick up a bunch of the bigger parts from this sale and bring them to the NW.

If you see something in Robert's thread that you want, and are in the NW, don't hesitate to purchase it because of shipping costs. I don't think I'll fill the truck, but if you are feeling generous with your tax return, buy an entire truckload and I'll bring it back for you. Of course, only one of you will get to do that and suffer the wrath of Ratsun....lol...

A group buy might be in order?

The prices for this stuff are very reasonable, and I'm essentially doing this for free. There is the issue of getting all of the parts to all of the owners, and that will need to be addressed. Even though I'm transporting them, I don't want them. What I had intended to do was to attend the Monday night Portland meet-up with the truck and distribute the stuff people bought. I don't have a lot of protected storage to keep stuff indefinitely, and I'm borrowing the truck so I'll need to return it empty. Besides, if you paid for it already, why wouldn't you come get it? I do have some storage, and could store some of it, but I'm going to Portland ONCE to unload the truck. If you miss it, send someone else to get your stuff. Otherwise, you'll need to come to the Eugene area to pick it up.

That in mind, all payments will be handled through dat521kid. What I'm asking is that you pay him an additional $5 for your 'box' of parts. Doesn't matter if it's one tranny, four wheels or a bumper sticker. $5 and your parts will come to Portland. He'll pay me when I actually arrive to pick this stuff up. Beats shipping costs, right? This will cover my costs to get the truck up to Portland from my home in Eugene, and that's all it's for. If there's any extra, I'll get myself a burger.

I actually have two solid job prospects percolating, so this is going to be a hit and run blitz of a trip. I am not going to stop every 50 miles along the way to drop stuff off. A couple of stops make sense, it's nearly a 1000 miles from end to end, Robert already has one he's mentioned in the San Jose area. I have no overhead to actually enjoy this trip, I'm operating on someone else's money, and I'm an honest guy so that money will be used for it's intended purpose only. I'll be sleeping in the truck and eating out of a cooler.

Tentative date for departure is March 25. Possibly as early as the 23rd. In the Eugene area approximately 4 days later, and then on to the next Portland Monday night meet up.

I might consider towing a vehicle back as well. There would be obvious additional costs involved in something like that, and I only have so much time to go down and back. If this is something someone wants, PM me, and we can discuss options.

Get your order in now! Buy lots of stuff! Give these parts another shot at life! :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the 25th or 26th for the beginning of this trip. Thought I'd bump the thread. :)

which thread are we talking about?

I need a rear taillight panel and rear right 1/4 panel for a 510. I can pick up in the camp pendelton area.

edit: oh... do you know anyone in your area that has those parts for sale, I would buy and pick up in san diego/oceanside