Supercharged A15 in Datsun 1200

ggzilla

Gzilla, is this the same 1200 that I have seen years ago ( through the internet...) with dual downdraught set up???

I always thought about a dual downdraught set up, specially for Datsuns with clearance problems ( DCOEs hitting the brake booster and such )

What are the details of this manifold? I want to make a dual downdraught manifold for an L series and for an A series.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Keep an eye on my project thread.......:D You will get your information for the L series intake set-up from there. This is an awesome set up for the A series, so I can say that it is a workable project for the L20b with some fine tuning.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Cool.

I see, that is that same 1200 I have been trying to trace for years! Gzilla, so he made it himself, that is great, that manifold he made must have good flow.

Any posibility of getting a pix of his intake manifold?

Phlebmaster, that is great too, I have both A and L series engines, I will follow your project.

Fly510, what kind of supercharger is that, fits very well and looks powerfull.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Check out the photo spread and details here: Ernie's Supercharged A15

Thanks Ggzilla.

Pictures are fair, but still I can not see the bottom of it. In theory, would it be like individual carburetor seats? or one large seat for both units?

From studying Weber accessory lists, I can see that some BMWs and others have as option twin downdraughts. I am going to try find a pix of any of those manifolds, perhaps one of those with a modified flange to the intake ports would work.

If you know that guy , the owner of that 1200, why not suggest him making a few twin downdraught manifolds for both A and L series?? With plenty of customers in Australia, NZ, US, UK, Europe and South America, I guess it would be a good proposition.

Jaime._________________________________________________

It should be one DGAS for two cylinder. One DGAS for each two cylinders is good for just over 200 HP.

If it just goes into a big plenum, it is too much carburetion. One DGAS for all four cylinders is good for 200HP. Two for all four would be good for about 400HP.

Isn't that how it works?

Guest jaimesix

Yes, I agree, individual plenums should be the way. There are twin set ups ( downdraught ) for "Z" Dattos that are basically 2 separate systems. I thiink those bolt on to S/U factory manifolds.Through the S/U manifold there is the balance connector, but the plenums are separate.

Wish I could have a better look at that 1200 manifold.

Jaime.______________________________________________________