i used..

Beebani's disc brake conversion brackets

2002 honda passport rotors

1988 nissan pathfinder calipers and hoses

79 620 Master cylinder

1000203fw8.jpg

1000204eo4.jpg

1000205ye2.jpg

you can see where i had to oblong the hole to get it so i could bolt the caliper on.. only had to doit on the 1 side.. fluke i think.. maybe the metal moved when they were still hot or something.. i let him know im sure he'll be double checkin from now on..

1000206up2.jpg

i had to put some thin quarter sized washers "in thickness and in diameter" i put one on each stud to space the rotor a little further from the spindle the rotor was rubbing too hard on the pads when fully tightend.. i also used some wd40 on the inner backside of the rotors to help get them on it was a tight fit over the spindles.. use a rubber mallet or something until u have enoug threads showing then use 3 lug nuts 1 on every other one to help get it on all the way

1000208vk6.jpg

1000209js5.jpg

over all im satisfied with the brakes i think i need to do some more bleeding or something cause they're not as tight as i think they could be but still Much better then they were before! one thing i've noticed.. and i cant figure out what the problem is.. but i cant turn the wheel as far left as i used to be able to.. i can turn right just fine but those tight u turns are no longer possible.. i've checked for rubbing or anything and i cant seem to find the problem.. just from lookin you can tell the right wheel turns further outward then the left.. any ideas?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well its all good i believe.. seems really sturdy still .. im just wondering why i cant turn as far left as i used to be able too.. i have to flip a bitch to get to my street and its really hard to do now :( i almost hit the curb every time it sux

if u look in that pic you can see where my tires used to rub when turnin left hard.. they dont even come close now.. i've cranked the wheel as hard as i could an checked.. bout 2-4 inch or so gap

The rotor thickness may have something to do with that. It may also be amplifying an existing issue with the steering you never noticed before. It's wierd that it didn't show up when you added the spacers though...

Have someone turn the wheel to the left (try with tires off first) and gently bounce it against the stop while you check around the driver's side caliper. Maybe you have one of those big bolts sticking out and it's hitting something or maybe the caliper is? If not the driver's side check the pass around the new caliper. I see where the tires have been rubbing the sway bar and inner fender skirts. On the spindle there is an adjustment bolt that can be set to stop the steering to prevent this. I doubt if it's come loose or it might have been loosened by mistake and now is preventing the left turn.

As for clicking I had a 71 521 with drums and it would do this sometimes. I always thought it was slack in the adjusters. If it feels like the front, it might be the tension (or radius) rod with a worn bushing. As the brakes are applied the front wheel tries to move backward against the forward motion. The tension rod supports it in position. If the rubber bushings are worn or damaged the rod will move backwards with the wheel until it bottoms out. I doubt that you could move this by hand to find any slack. The rod should be straight and bushings at both ends firm and in good shape.