Project "Izzo"

izzo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs a good light sanding all over and a solid non faded fresh coat of something.

Either going flat black, matte black, or something two tone.  IDK yet.

Tabs are current, has full tank of gas.  But need to do a little work and clean up.  Might as well do a few things while it's just sitting in my car port.

Going to clean up the wiring a little bit.  Give it a good once over (Brakes, tune up, whatever else)

Install either MR2 or civic seats and replace the old accord seats in it. They are fine, and comfy, but the back is to big and it hurts my shuolder when i sit in it too long.  It needs a few odds and ends here and there, nothing major, just superficial details. 

I have a canopy for it.  I may or may not put that on. Probably will at some point, but only when going camping or something.  I want to fix the bed as there is a hold by the headboard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did this a week or so back. forgot to update

dogleg out

4 speed in

Fresh GL4, about 2 quarts worth.

Cleaned up the wiring under the hood. little more to do.

need a couple heater hoses.

Got insurance on it and been daily driving it since.

CAM00431.jpg
CAM00424.jpg
CAM00414.jpg
CAM00413.jpg
CAM00412.jpg

• Like 2

Did this a week or so back. forgot to update

dogleg out

4 speed in

Fresh GL4, about 2 quarts worth.

Cleaned up the wiring under the hood. little more to do.

need a couple heater hoses.

Got insurance on it and been daily driving it since.

CAM00431.jpg

Fuckin A bro!!!!!!!!

Rep that ish!!!!!!!!!

fyeah.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

new temp gauge

CAM00471.jpg
CAM00470.jpg

went to fred meyers. got back out and turned the key on, nothing.  The guy i originally purchased this from must have lost the key, and wired in the ign with speaker wire to toggle switches... I had move it from a toggle to the ign switch again, but the wires are way to thin for all that power. 

Pics are backwards, but you get the idea... All done, used 14g wire and actual butt connectors instead of wrapped in tape....

CAM00478.jpg
CAM00477.jpg
CAM00476.jpg
CAM00475.jpg
CAM00474.jpg
CAM00473.jpg

Also got my stereo installed, the right way... and it looks damn good in the dash

got an alignment since someone raised it since i last owned it :|

• 4 months later...

New wheels n tires.  Moar stickers! Cuz stickers = racetruck yo.  Wheels really changed the game on this thing.  Hell wheels are a game changer for any truck/car.  Stickers added a little character. 

CAM00855_zps1izrtpw0.jpg
CAM00854_zpsjqhflpsn.jpg
CAM00843_zpswzbfdl2u.jpg
CAM00842_zpsyrrjmqlr.jpg
CAM00841_zpsa1g2yxsn.jpg

Also installed new ball joints on the front. they were fuckin toast!

Anyone have a good rear axle they could donate to me?  Maybe one you were just gonna use the gears out of?  Maybe I can just give you my gears?  I need a rear axle. Either the drums are warped or the axle is bent. there is always been a wobble going down the road and I want to be rid of it.  I just don't have fundage for a rear axle :(  So I am seeing if anyone can donate me one!  I had the drums turned, but still does it.  New shoes were put on too.

All done, used 14g wire and actual butt connectors instead of wrapped in tape....

CAM00475.jpg

CAM00474.jpg

Also got my stereo installed, the right way...

I got a buddy that this is what it always looks like after he is done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, alllllways!

:no:

• 2 weeks later...

Fibbity fap.

Hey guise.  Anyone in the portland area hitting up the PNP soon?  I need a part badly.   The light stock on the truck broke a tab.  So when I turn the lights on the little tab that makes the running lights on my truck come on, broke.  So I has no running lights. I don't want to cut wiring and put in a toggle switch. dats ghetto.

Plz to halp me.  I need a light stock for 80/81 720.  Can paypal teh cost of the part and then figure out if I need it shipped or come and get it. 

I am getting mixed results on what years will work. Mine is an 80 720, standard cab. It has a non-adjustable delay (so three settings on the wiper switch...  5 second delay, low, and high)  I think the older ones or maybe just the ST had variable(adjustable)timed delay.

If the plugs are the same but the wiring is different I can pull and relocate pins, IDC. Just need the damn part...