Check out this oil leak

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably not a bad idea to give the headbolts a look since that is lined up with the oil feed to the head

I was going to check that out today but it got dark on me. I spent most of the afternoon putting the dash together and adjusting the doors. Thanks for the input.

That's right where the oil leaves the block and enters the head. There is a vertical passage up from the oil pressure sender. The gasket has an oval copper O ring to seal it.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/00770001-1.jpg[/img]"]00770001-1.jpg

You could try loosening the two bolts on each side and re torquing to 60 ft lbs. Do the bolts one at a time and you don't have to worry about sequence. Maybe do the two across on the intake side too. The oil pressure is only 50-60 lbs so just keep an eye on it.

that is kindof normal. Some brands of gaskets have a rubber gasket there, some have copper, and some have a combo rubber-copper. Some have none

Retorque the head gasket to specs, and see how it goes. Nissan specifies re-torquing every 12 months or 12000 miles.