Can of worms

1fstdat

Dont you hate it when a small job turns out to be a large one!!! like a valve cover gasket turns into a rebuild, or brakes turn out to be a lowering job.

Last week a had a radiator hose leaking because my radiator is under the bed

I pulled the bed off... after looking at the rear suspension and being tired of bouncing off the frame all the time, I thought I should notch the frame a little, but why stop there the springs are so stiff that it was a rough ride, so why not cut the rear springs out and the pads off the axle, and install some home made ladder bars and go coil over's in the back.

I will try and put some pic's up as I go.

Just another case of small job gone big

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try to look on the postive side, say things like "it needed replacin anyways!"

I should have you talk to my wife she dosent under stand.

and talking to another lunatic is gonna convince her otherwise? :lol:

dont even get me started on a timing chain tensioner..... :cursing:

Lets see, I started with replacing the tranny I thought I smoked, then got the idea to reseal the engine while it was out. That led to the reseal of my other engine after I found out it had less wear on the internals than the original. So, now I have a resealed engine sitting in my garage waiting for a set of su's from a fellow ratsun bro and a set of gaskets for my 5 speed from rock auto. Oh, did I mention I am changing the color of my engine compartment to orange instead of flat black? I mean, might as well while the tranny is out right? :lol::lol:

yup i agree started by lowering my brownie and puttin some wheels on it only to drive to northbend and pick up a stocker to transfer all my hard work on to . but for 300.00 bucks I couldn't say no. if you were on craigslist a week ago and saw it, sorry i got it. and it was worth the hour and a half drive. minty all green 1971 521. i will post pics soon of both the brownie and my new ride......:cool: