taillight issues.

N0RCALDIME

well i replaced the fuse that works the horn that some one else said and that didnt work and sense i had a box of fuses i replaced all the 20's but now i have no dash lights no brake lights nothing... :(.....the only lights or power that works are my head lights... but ill let u know wen i fix it how i did it..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

be honest once you figure it out the wiring is simple on these datsuns.

Most proplems are just corrossion or just wear. IF NOT SOMBODYS HACK JOB!!!!

If you use a test light and dont have 12volts to one of the contacks to the switch under the pedal then go up to fuse box area. Sometime just removing a connector then putting it back on will fix it.

also doubel ck the fuses. They can breakinsid eon theends but look good.

Datsuns come Hack Job from the Factory. Splicing inside the Wiring Harness instead of having a common point for the power wires? :blink::blink::blink:

Life is better when your wiring is organized.

I hate wiring issues myself. I can't work on wiring without a test lamp, get one.

A bad ground will NOT blow a fuse. A bad ground means no electricity flows so no lights will work.

If a fuse blows, it is because that circuit draws too much current due to a short. If you replace a blown fuse on a horn/brake circuit and the new fuse blows too, you have a direct short. A direct short will get hot enough to melt plastic cover and weld two hot wires together (two different circuits) or directly to the frame.

so i went outside yesterday and took out all fuses to inspect them.

nothing cracked or even dirty.

so i put them back in and sat in my car wondering WTF the problem was.

as i sat there i said "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!"

stepped on the brake pedal, and whala! brake lights.

sometimes you need to be a little harsh.. or just wiggle your fuses around. :D

Im glad u got your lights working again!!! it sounds like ur problem has jumped to me instead haha

The fuse works for aawhile but then blows is that a direct short as well?? my cover of my fuse box was melted but it was melted when i first got it.. but now i have no stereo no brake lights and no horn..... so i shud start looking for a direct short??:confused:

stereo? idk check your deck's fuse.

horn? unnecessary.

brake lights: take out all fuses and inspect them, then replace them and see what happens.

worked for me. do your headlights and taillights and blinkers and hazards work?

• 2 weeks later...

so i found out that someone decided that instead of having the brake light fuse in the fuse box like it suppose to they re wired it so it outside the box. judging by the looks of were it suppose to be, a fuse in the past got really hot and melted the cover. but the way its wired now allows the wires to pull apart just enough to not allow the brake lights to work. so i wiggled the wire a lil bit and now i have brake lights :D. thanks for all the information and help. if i wasnt so afraid of electricity i would wire it back how its suppose to be but it works fine now so im not going to mess with it