Clear Side Markers.. anyone????

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Federal law. FMVSS-108. It's up to the individual jurisdiction to enforce it, though.

Excerpt (pertinant info):

--------------------------------------------

Table IV--Location of Required Equipment

[All Passenger Cars and Motorcycles, and Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, Trailers, and Buses of Less than 80 (2032) Inches (MM) Overall Width]

Reflex Reflectors

On each side--1 red as far to the rear as practicable, and 1 amber as far to the front as practicable.

i have clear side markers on my Jetta and clear frontside markers on my passat. just used amber bulbs on both. never been hassled about em. cops have better things to do than pulll over someone for "improper reflectors". like pullin over the ricer doing 70 in a school zone.

They don't look to bad. :D

i have clear side markers on my Jetta and clear frontside markers on my passat. just used amber bulbs on both. never been hassled about em. cops have better things to do than pulll over someone for "improper reflectors". like pullin over the ricer doing 70 in a school zone.

All depends where you live.

Once the cops knows you and your truckscars are always questionable, expect them to pull you over.

I lived in rich town called Palo Alto California 10 years ago and built my reputation with the local pigs. Everytime they see me on the road, it's over. I think they call that "profiling" now.

Since I moved, made sure local cops didn't know me by name.

So clear side marker is a no no for me.

But then again, I have loud exhaust so go figure :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.