Home upholstery 101

72240z

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad....the title made it seem like it was going to be a collection or how-to for some schoolin' on home upholstery......I would have left my stuff out of it too.

No, believe me all help on the topic is VERY appreciated even seeing home projects done helps. Maybe I didn't put a and b together before or came off harsh. I just know exactly what I want is all and to achieve that end is my primary concern. Maybe my fault for the title.

The dash I just got down to a base, it had some dry brittle dash cap on it I had to pick off little by little. This week I'm heading to the whole sale district in the city to find some cheap yardage, then some prof glue, I'll get sewing and I can share some progress pics with everyone, as embarrassing as they may be lol.

I don't think construction foam is a good idea because it dries so hard. As a light filler sure but not as a material backing. I was thinking something like ultrafoam. Just a 1/4 foam padding I can cut to size and glue down. Idk of any equiv spray foams, but wouldn't use one even if I did because I think cutting to size gives you better form control.