matchbox connector replacement

izzo

So datto510 and i were checkin out my truck. turns out the connector on the matchbox is broken. anyone know what its called, and if its replaceable?

(erick, i couldnt remember what you called it lol)

I stole this pic from the for sale thread since this is what it is.

the prongs that come out of the matchbox part, one is broken and just sitting in there. There is a piece of wire going around the connector holding it in place.

dizzy2.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

regular part stores should have this right? And is it an easy to do install? i've never pulled a disty out before Oo

**EDIT**

Holy shit. I found this at autozone for 115 dollars. Man, thats just nuts. Better off just picking up another matchbox... ill throw an add in the wanted section

thanks agian mike

**EDIT**

330 dollars at napa auto parts.

Edited by h2theizzo
Don't take it out just swap the igniter box. The boxes are all the same and will interchange. Even a 280zx 6cyl will work.

strange, i was just looking on ebay and saw a 280zx distributor, with what looked to be a matchbox on it. That was going ot be my next question. :D

Thanks everyone,

jefe de jefes

I would love one, i pm'd you about this.

$115 or more just for the matchbox??? Or was that for a new dizzy?

Can you replace the matchbox with the GM HEI unit?

115 just for the matchbox, 125 for a new distributor. Go figure?

Napa didnt have any cheap ones online, only saw it for 330 dollars lol

Jefe is helping me out with my problem, should be shipping out tomorrow! Thanks again Jefe!

Yes the GM HEI can easily be adapted for use on the Matcgbox:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/wiringHEI4.jpg[/img]"]wiringHEI4.jpg

That is really cool :eek:

Those things are a dime a dozen and fairly reliable..I guess the only thing you'd have to do is make sure it was in a spot that didn't get wet or vibrate too much since it came stock inside the cap on a GM vehicle. I would have never thought that a GM HEI module would be so easy to retrofit to a Datsun if it could work at all..

Awesome stuff for future reference! :cool:

The two (ignltion and start) wires are at bottom right. The only other thing is to connect the Green and Red dizzy wires.... but as you can see they go out of sight and I don't know which is which ... or if it even matters.

This picture belongs to someone here ... who knows.

Edited by datzenmike