Starter rubbing flywheel?

datto510

well i guess since youve already had the motor out and back in again, that its not the bellhousing bolts that are loose. i was gonna buy a 620 that did the same thing. it would gring when you hit a bump or kept it at a nuetral rolling force. it would grind if you made a hard turn also. turned out there was only on loose bolt holding the engine and tranny together. and then there were only 4 bolts holding the 6bolt flywheel on.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its gotta be that collar... thew throwout bearing should absolutely NOT be wearing a groove in the clutch diaphram

I think your right Joe, I just gotta get the motivation up to pull it again. Next time it comes out its getting a new dogleg.

• 2 months later...

i have to run a washer on each bolt between tranny and starter cause my flywheel rubs the starter.. not the teeth or nothin but the piece that goes around the gear there.. was pissin me off i tried 3 different starters before i realized what was happening.. havent had problems since..

• 1 month later...
so u put some spacers under the CB ?? and the damn vibration went away????? my trucks doin this same crap.. but i have been thinking its u-joints.. hmm??

Get a 1.5 inch block of aluminum, drill 2 holes in it and put it between the crossmember and the carrier bearing. Your going to need longer bolts too. Be warned, those bolts are a bitch to get in there.

Just catching up a bit ..... that must have drove you nucking futs :(

While reading through I was thinking of loose big truck tranys that do a rattle inbetween load then maybe a exaust or engine contact just barely touching, in the end ..... out of the ooze thats left in my head ..... oh yea my old truck did that trick when the rubber rotted out in the CB:blink:

Glad you got it fixed man and everone's still alive even your pets ...... right?:eek: