Cheg saved my ass: A Ratsun tale

Skib

So, it being Sat night we met up at RR and I gave Cheg a ride.

While turning around after dropping him off I hit the bottom tank of my radiator on a curb, its a ZX radiator and hangs a good 3-4 inches lower than stock.

Its toast..... so no problem, I got AAA right....

wait.....

no I dont it just expired..... cool.

Its late, so long story short, Cheg suggests we swap my radiator out for the one in his 280z.

We did a radiator swap in the street at 1am in like 45 min lol and Cheg bailed my ass out BIG TIME. so thanks again bro :thumbup:

out with the good one

IMG_0026-2.jpg

out with the bad lol

IMG_0027-2.jpg

carnage!

IMG_0028-1.jpg

cheg gettin the other side

IMG_0029.jpg

a fill from the hose and were good to go

IMG_0030-2.jpg

now thats pretty damn Rasun :fu:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys finally made it home alright.

I thought I was getting a 12am "booty-call" text message, but then I saw it was you (damn, haha!) :lol:

So this is the 4th radiator that's been in your 240 (in the last year):

1) The original one that started leaking

2) My old 260 one that started leaking on you

3) The ZX one from your grandpa

4) Cheg's from his $400 280z (good thinking!)

If you still have that 260 one, you can get it re-cored at Mac's Radiator...I also have a 240Z spare, but it is only a 3-row...maybe it needs some cleaning out since it won't cool my 260z.

Unbelievable...we almost need to start a Ratsun Adventures thread about mechanical troubles going to / from the weekly meetup. :P

Edited by hughdogz

great story guys how warm was it outside and how far did you have to go skib? i know you guys are up in cold land lol if you didnt have far you probibly could have made it home :P you should have seen me a few summers ago when the stock rad on the 610 wasent doing it anymore in the middle of the summer i carried a spray bottle and at every light or stop sign i stoped and spraied the radiator threw the grill then i got really creative and ran the windsheild washers to the front of the radiator and every time i stoped i could just spray it :P

great story guys how warm was it outside and how far did you have to go skib? i know you guys are up in cold land lol if you didnt have far you probibly could have made it home :P you should have seen me a few summers ago when the stock rad on the 610 wasent doing it anymore in the middle of the summer i carried a spray bottle and at every light or stop sign i stoped and spraied the radiator threw the grill then i got really creative and ran the windsheild washers to the front of the radiator and every time i stoped i could just spray it :P

lol at 1am it was pretty damn cold out and i prob had a good 40min drive home

How did you mount the rad?

I've used a ZX rad on a Z before countless times, you just bend back a few tabs then drill like one or 2 holes and use some fender washers.

I don't think I've ever had one low enough where it looked like it would be in danger of hitting something though.

Nice going on the fix! I've done a fuel pump on a curb in my Z with cellphone light and know how much of a pain it can be!

How did you mount the rad?

I've used a ZX rad on a Z before countless times, you just bend back a few tabs then drill like one or 2 holes and use some fender washers.

I don't think I've ever had one low enough where it looked like it would be in danger of hitting something though.

Nice going on the fix! I've done a fuel pump on a curb in my Z with cellphone light and know how much of a pain it can be!

The S130 radiator is taller than the S30 radiator so to fit under the hood it hangs lower past the cross member, heres a comparison pic.

IM000414rw.jpg