New guy :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Wow...Has it really been 3 years since I posted over here? I feel aweful...lol.

I was actually in the process of trying to sell the truck, and in digging through my 620 parts, remembered this place. I pulled the Datto out of the back yard to clean it up, get her ready to sell, and realized I cant do it. I cant bring myself to sell it..lol. I need a little shop truck, and honestly, I just love it...

So, after some minor work (brake booster took a crap), it will get a quickie bag job and make an awesome parts hauler :)

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I didn't figure I needed to start a new one to re-introduce myself :)

Wow...Has it really been 3 years since I posted over here? I feel aweful...lol.

I was actually in the process of trying to sell the truck, and in digging through my 620 parts, remembered this place. I pulled the Datto out of the back yard to clean it up, get her ready to sell, and realized I cant do it. I cant bring myself to sell it..lol. I need a little shop truck, and honestly, I just love it...

So, after some minor work (brake booster took a crap), it will get a quickie bag job and make an awesome parts hauler :)

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I didn't figure I needed to start a new one to re-introduce myself :)

3 years is a longgggg time.

Welcome back! Make sure you post new pics to go along with it ;)

No new pics yet...she needs a bath...bad. I'll post pics as I go, but it will probably be a little while before I get into it. I have a couple other large projects that need to clear out of the garage before I get too deep into anything. I'm gonna try to get her bagged before July though, so we'll see

I drove it around a bit, used it as a backup rig when my daily was down, trips to the dump...little stuff. The brakes were getting a little soft the last few times I drove it, but the booster is totally gone now. I've got another booster and m/c here, along with a complete 78 parts truck with disk front end :) So I may need to do something about it...lol

The pics make it look alot nicer than it is :) the body is pretty rough, alot of rust through on the bed, rockers and lower doors are beat...

Plus, I cant haul the kids around in it (I did for a while, my oldest got tired of sitting on the driveshaft tunnel) so I drive this heap most of the time

malibu14.jpg

malibu15.jpg

malibu16.jpg

Plus I still have that Blazer to finish, and my wife's new project, and ......lol

Hah..yeah, it's kind of a trainwreck in there, 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag as it were. I've got 2 Miller boxes (my DVI and my Syncrowave 180sd TIG), tubing bender, drill press, couple Craftsman roll-aways, 60 gallon compressor...tons of other shit, and I can still sqeeze a truck in there..sorta...lol

there are 2 small blocks in there too...I can't believe I can shut the door sometimes....