New to this forum

Well title says it all I'm new to this forum, I've been a member of NWDE.org (The620Kid) for awhile granted I wasn't a active member for a long while. I've always liked Datsuns but do to me being inmature and stupid I've lost quite a few. But I'm currently driving a 79' 620 Ext. Cab. With the following done to it.

Lowered on 15' Pathfinders

Flowmaster

2 real comfy bucket seats out of a Celica.

Currently looking for a Weber with a adaptor plate and a header, if anyone has one for sale.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"]adapter

I got this link from Doug, I doesn't work until you have signed up for a user name. Its worth it though I love that adapter :D

is that what Im going to need for my L20 if I get a DGV carb??

and which one do you think is better the holly or the DGV??

"]adapter

I got this link from Doug, I doesn't work until you have signed up for a user name. Its worth it though I love that adapter :D

is that what Im going to need for my L20 if I get a DGV carb??

and which one do you think is better the holly or the DGV??

The tall adapter (the Trans-dapt 2107) works great with the Weber. It'd work with a Holley, but Holleys are backwards for a Datsun and would require the cable to be routed from the valve cover side- unless you put the carb on backwards or the throttle on upside-down. I used a Weber DFAV (which is what the Holley 5200 is a clone of) on my '78 and put the throttle pull on upside-down and backwards, which works althought it's hokey as hell.

The only issue with the 2107 adapter is its height. Fine on L16, L18. On L20Bs you probably would have to use a short filter to clear the hood. Or not. Haven't tried it.

The tall adapter has a much more gradual reduction in size from the 32/36mm carb throttles to the 30/34mm manifold bores. The flat adapter you get from Redline has a very sharp transition that chokes off the flow, especially from the secondary. I found the tall adapter flows very well. It sure sounds like it at least. The flat adapter also tends to strip out or crack very easily. I found a few "2-part" adapters that usually come with Mitsubishi kits that are a compromise, but have yet to find any for sale loose.

You can kind of see how tall it is here...

76-kcweber04.JPG