No compression in no 2 cylinder

NorCalDime

So i thought for sure i had blown rings.. Was extra noisy, sounded bad, oil out of of valve cover breather, sometimes smoke from exhaust.

So i did a compression check and got maybe 3-5psi on the number 2 cylinder. So im thinking a stuck/burnt exhaust valve. car is shaky, and it sounds like a dirtbike/subaru. Is this conclusive to no compression? idont have a leakdown tester to make sure, but im pretty positive that is it.

So what can i do to take care of this. A buddy sugested seafoam to try and loosen the valve up in case it is stuck. I dont wanna tear the head off and find out it is something i cant do.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could ypou take the valve cover off and check the #2 intake and exhaust valve lash?????? adjust it.

If OK then rotate the motor to see if the rocker is pushin on top of the valve. I never heard of sticky vlaves on a L motor. Its solid lifter!!!!!!

Personally If it was stuck something is going to GIVE!!!!!!!

I have seen cracked exhaust valve on a head I bought But never had this proplem myself.

If it is spitting and burning oil I doubt its valve lash. Unless its lash in conjunction with blown ring/piston etc.... My .02

Valves don't stick on a L series either lol. Seafoam wouldn't help any of the possible causes of your situation, don't waste it.

You can make your own leak down tester using a spark plug, cut, drill, tap, gauge, hose, compressor.....

i will go check the lash.. Another update though, i took the plug wire off and it ran a whole lot better. Well as good as a car can run on 3. it seemed to be more mellowed out though.

Well with no comp its prob misfiring, stumbling w/e, unplugging the spark plug takes that way.

Have you checked your oil and antifreeze?

After checking lash you really need to bite the bullet and leak down so you can listen. That or pull the head.