• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would it fit a 510?

It's out of a 1992 subaru svx. Viscous 3.545 gear ratio

Part no. 27011aa242

IMO... dont waste you time the brake away on that rear end is nothing and depending on your suspension set up you will find yourself spinning the inside tire more than a clutch type lsd and they tend to be less predictible. I almost wrecked my friend Mikes 240sx because of its unpredictiblity using the VLSD..one minute your sideways the next your spinning the inside tire only not fun :eek: when it happens mid corner

Clayton

IMO... dont waste you time the brake away on that rear end is nothing and depending on your suspension set up you will find yourself spinning the inside tire more than a clutch type lsd and they tend to be less predictible. I almost wrecked my friend Mikes 240sx because of its unpredictiblity using the VLSD..one minute your sideways the next your spinning the inside tire only not fun :eek: when it happens mid corner

Clayton

I have an Infiniti Q45 R200 VLSD in my LS1 Powered 240Z. I have done many track days and thousands of miles of spririted driving in the car and I have been very happy with the performance of the rear. It has never been unpredictable. I had a Nismo R180 LSD in the car before that with the mildly built L28 engine and I really don't feel that the VLSD is much different. I have had a R160 Subie LSD in a 510 and I just got a Subie VLSD that I may install in my VG30 project.

Unless you building a car for all out racing or autocrossing, a VSLD diff should be fine.

I have an Infiniti Q45 R200 VLSD in my LS1 Powered 240Z. I have done many track days and thousands of miles of spririted driving in the car and I have been very happy with the performance of the rear. It has never been unpredictable. I had a Nismo R180 LSD in the car before that with the mildly built L28 engine and I really don't feel that the VLSD is much different. I have had a R160 Subie LSD in a 510 and I just got a Subie VLSD that I may install in my VG30 project.

Unless you building a car for all out racing or autocrossing, a VSLD diff should be fine.

David like I said depending on suspension set up it can be better or worse every VLSD I have driven with anything more than a good street tire it felt like a worn out clutch type LSD with the inside tire spinning during hard cornering even my buddys 240sx set up for autocross/drift would spin the inside tire during hard driving and trust me the thing would induce oversteer under initial turn in before adding power because of the set up (more towards drift set up) then during mid corner where power oversteer would be important in drifting the car would slightly unload the inside rear tire turing your oversteer into a quick adjustment to your steering input so not to run into something on the outside of the corner. if you are tracking your car you have obviously spent time to set up your car and with an LS1 (Mmm :cool: great engine) you have more than enough power to turn your tires into liquid rubber. its just my opinion and my experiances with that type of rear diffs...dont get me wrong I would love to see how good your VLSD works in a LS1 Z car :lol::D

Clayton