1980 Datsun 210 wagon

Bandit240

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So its little things that make the whole car. The hatch stays up on its own now! After hitting almost every big chain parts store in town and finding squat, i go to the local chain store with the giant building and they have the lift struts in stock and for half the price of the rest.

IMG_0322.jpg

I got new tires on the car today. It used to have 155-80-13 tires, ive got 185-70-13 tires now. They are alot wider. I also removed the trim down the side, but i haven't cleaned the area. Also installed 2 new Silverstar headlamps.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Local dealer came through for me. Ive got a brand new in the box right side mirror for the car now. Only problem is its so nice i don't want to put it on the car. I might see if he can get a new drivers side mirror for after the car gets painted.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well ive been a bit busy, but some things have been done to the wagon. I had to get a new starter since mine quit. Local place had it for $27, so that wasnt too bad. I also made new battery cables for it since i was in the area. I put new struts on the front, and damn does it ride and drive better. No pics, but ill get some later on.

wow, i need a passeger mirror like that. i never thought to ask a dealer. do they have another? love all the work you've been doing to the 210. i need to do alot to mine, but i have no time. it has developed a loud clunking noise in the rear. any clue what that is? bit of a wobble back there too. i hadn't had a chance to jack it up and see if anything is hanging off!

Ive got the same noise. It happens when i hit a bump or something. One day ill get under there and see whats going on.

As for the mirror, they ordered it for me. Check your local dealer and see if they can order one, if not ill ask mine to order another. They are not cheap. Mine was $50ish.

When ever i get the body work done. IT doesnt need much, but it needs some. I really need to find drivers side doors for it, mine are rusting away. IF you happen to know of any 210 4dr sedans or wagons, let me know, ill come to GA to get the whole car or just the doors.

I still need an exhaust manifold.

I repainted my grille and headlight surrounds. It looks alot better. I also put my old hubcaps back on after polishing them up some. I think it looks good with them. BTW, does anyone know if these are stock or not? I got 2 sets, one off a 1980 510 and one set from a 81 210. I saw a set in a junkyard on a Pinto.

Before i painted the grille

IMG_0526.jpg

After painting.

IMG_0534.jpg

i have been seeing this funny wagon around lately. but i haven't got to see the owner yet. plus i saw a wagon at atalnata pull-a-part south a while back{6 mths or more} i know it had doors, cant say the condition.

PIC-0043.jpg

edit-just relized this would be a b210 wagon instead of 210. still a cool pic i think. WOODY!!!

Edited by CharlieBucket

Yea, my car is a July 1980 car, so its got the square nose. Last year of the B210 was 78, 79 was the start of the 210/B310 body.

Im thinking the wood grain was a factory option since ive seen a few cars with it.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1034784911.html

If only i had the money, i would buy that in a heartbeat. It was listed up a few months ago for $1300, so im guessing this guy bought it to flip. I was trying to buy it back when it was $1300.