HELP! I BOUGHT DRIFT NINJA's TRUCK

chopperkeith

so i fucked up and bought ninja's truck, my bad. he should not ever work on anything.so to make a long story short, got the truck home and fixed what he was thinkin was problem.still fucked. did a comp test and #1 #4 had 130 pounds. #3 #4 had like 30. he said water pump whent out replaced it and put new head gaskite just to be safe. so befor i go and pull the head off of it any one have any ideas of what the problem be? if the intake is not seald good could that do the same thing? any ideas. ohhhh and also the radeator seams to build alot of presser even the it has a leek?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gasket is likely blown in between 2 and 3. The compression is forcing it's way into the cooling system and building pressure. If he changed the gasket, and it's gone again the head is probably warped. At least check it or have it checked and expect to have it milled down to make it flat.

Before pulling head, you know to block the chain so the tensioner does not fall out, right?

Edited by datzenmike

If you are not familiar with datsuns then definitely get a manual to start with. I wouldnt get too pist with ninja since you paid what? $500 or so for it? Pretty much with any datsun I assume it is going to need a ton of work for under a grand. Get all the kinks worked out and you will be rolling fat. Hell I probably have $2k into my 620 just peicing it back together and I would be lucky to get $900 for it.

Gasket is likely blown in between 2 and 3. The compression is forcing it's way into the cooling system and building pressure. If he changed the gasket, and it's gone again the head is probably warped. At least check it or have it checked and expect to have it milled down to make it flat.

Before pulling head, you know to block the chain so the tensioner does not fall out, right?

no. first time pullin the head

If you are not familiar with datsuns then definitely get a manual to start with. I wouldnt get too pist with ninja since you paid what? $500 or so for it? Pretty much with any datsun I assume it is going to need a ton of work for under a grand. Get all the kinks worked out and you will be rolling fat. Hell I probably have $2k into my 620 just peicing it back together and I would be lucky to get $900 for it.
no im not pissed any more, i talked to him, he diden't no what he was doing. i was thinkin he was fuckin with me. he just dident no any better:blink:

DON'T TOUCH IT!!! If you are not sure what to do you can ask here and get lots of help. First get or order a good manual about $20. The Haynes Pick-up '73-'79 isn't bad, the Chilton's Pick-ups and Pathfinder '70-'88 has more specs and pictures. The first time you use your manual it will pay for itself. What does a mechanic charge now???

Read through the procedure for removing and replacing a head gasket. Once you have an idea what to do ask some questions. There are always tips and ways to save time and trouble and ways to avoid problems later.