Pics of after flipping the springs and trimming the fenders :)

Llittle_Llama

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth...:rolleyes:...I have the 280z close ratio 5speed in my 521 and it is friggin way the heck cooler than the 4 that was in it (prior to the 4th gear lock they are so famous for). I wouldn't go back to 4 gears for money. I love going almost 100 everywhere.

Alright...not everywhere...and yes...it takes me a little bit to get there:lol:

Really though...go for the 5. Your motor (no matter what you have in it) will thank you...so will your pocket book. Search "5 Speed" or "tranny swap" to get some good reading material on the subject.:D

you have an earlier rear end right? isn't my 79 supposed to have the better rear end gear, or the other way around?

Have you bothered to read your own thread here. The info has already been posted for you and once again you havent read it.:fu:

Oh wait--go start another thread so the info can be posted again.

Have you bothered to read your own thread here. The info has already been posted for you and once again you havent read it.:fu:

Oh wait--go start another thread so the info can be posted again.

anyway, this thread was to show pics of my truck now that it is lowered a little more. but since you said that i re read the whole thread and your right, it WAS mentioned, VERY specifically by you, however...I dont totally understand gear ratios, and thats why i didnt think to hard about it. which of the 2 is better to go with?

Edited by dwnshfter
2.250" narrower. Bolts right in, might want to keep your 4.11 gears though, the earlier rear will have 4.375 gears. You may not have enough clearance between your leaf springs and wheels though.

or nevermind, you suggest keeping my gears, but it doesn't matter, im staying stock and saving for the 4 link :) thanks though....really, I appreciate it