620 Stock Pinion Angle

]2eDeYe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My FSM for '78 does not list this. Pinion to rear driveshaft angle should be equal to the rear driveshaft to the front driveshaft angle. For the least vibration the angle at the front and rear U-joints should be the same. A picture shows it better.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Tranny/transdriveline.png[/img]"]transdriveline.png

If you can get an angle reading on the front driveshaft flange behind the carrier bearing and another on the pinion flange... as long as they are very close it should be fine.

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make what stock angle is for your build? Bagged..For the archives of the forum, would be nice to have a number.

But aren't you bagging your 620? That, in my mind, completely changes everything from stock, and generic rules of driveline angle now apply. Datzenmike posted some of those generic rules above, those are the angle rules that will work better than the stock angle for a bagged truck.

Maybe we need some PICS of what you are building now:D