Junkyard Finds.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Went to a junkyard today that's kinda far from my house because I was told there was a 510 out there. Indeed there was. It was also smashed on the driver side and rusty as hell. Makes sense I guess. I was just excited to see one at a jy on the East Coast.

2011-06-02_10-44-24_744.jpg

I've got more pics but there isn't a whole lot to see. The floor may as well have been non-existent. In the engine bay the inner fenders were so rotted that the crossmember had fallen off and the steering box was more or less hanging onto the steering shaft. Interior was in ok shape, with a good cleaning the seats and panels could be used. Only things worth getting would be the hatch hinges and all the glass.

I also saw this there:

2011-06-02_12-35-38_999.jpg

2011-06-02_12-36-23_930.jpg

2011-06-02_12-36-00_195.jpg

2011-06-02_12-37-04_820.jpg

2011-06-02_12-38-57_469.jpg

Never seen one in person before. Now I have. And if anybody needs anything from this particular car I can do my damndest to go get it for ya.

I shoulda taken pics of the 57-61 (had to look it up) Vauxhall Victor. Thing was cool as hell. I might go back to get the steering wheel from that thing because it was so incredibly cool looking.

What'd I get from this trip? Some cool pics, random bits of trim, a heater core, and a steering wheel+hub from a 720 ST. I might have to get me a 720 one of these days.

EDIT: Forgot the engine bay shot

Went to a junkyard today that's kinda far from my house because I was told there was a 510 out there. Indeed there was. It was also smashed on the driver side and rusty as hell. Makes sense I guess. I was just excited to see one at a jy on the East Coast.

I've got more pics but there isn't a whole lot to see. The floor may as well have been non-existent. In the engine bay the inner fenders were so rotted that the crossmember had fallen off and the steering box was more or less hanging onto the steering shaft. Interior was in ok shape, with a good cleaning the seats and panels could be used. Only things worth getting would be the hatch hinges and all the glass.

I also saw this there:

Never seen one in person before. Now I have. And if anybody needs anything from this particular car I can do my damndest to go get it for ya.

I shoulda taken pics of the 57-61 (had to look it up) Vauxhall Victor. Thing was cool as hell. I might go back to get the steering wheel from that thing because it was so incredibly cool looking.

What'd I get from this trip? Some cool pics, random bits of trim, a heater core, and a steering wheel+hub from a 720 ST. I might have to get me a 720 one of these days.

datsunaholic might need the head off that 310...