get your thinking cap

oregondime

im curious if anyone has done this.. i have an sr, a skid plate running from the original splashplate holes to the crossmember. im about 3" off the ground at the crossmember and only plan on going lower when i move from cali so goin below the plate isnt an option. id like to run a nice fat swaybar but cant at the moment..

to sum it up would it be possible modify a swaybar meant for an sr or would i need to custom make one? i know theres a few companies out there that might.. i know bryan feldman did a custom 3 piece but i dunno how to even start.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sway bars are made from spring steel (like leaf springs) it would take a serious amount force to bend it and keep its shape. I've heard of guys making them from just cold rolled steel but even at that, bending say 1" CR bar is not easy, especially with the super tight radius they are bent. I too have run into the same issue, I'm gonna be swapping to a sohc ka in my wagon and will have the same issue. I will prolly just end up buying one when the time comes. The one I seen for the SR actually goes back under and right behind the oil pan.

They operate under the same principle as a solid bar, it's just a different configuration...more modular, so you can use different length ends at various angles and you get to have more say in where the rod actually goes. At least one guy on the realm has a car with a straight bar like this...can't remember who at the moment.