Need help ID’ing this component. Looks worn out and probably dead

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are two vacuum switches. One turns the exhaust side plugs off under heavy load, low vacuum. The other is the fuel shut off under deceleraton high vacuum, clutch pedal up, transmission in gear. Truck will run fine with or without it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

There are two vacuum switches. One turns the exhaust side plugs off under heavy load, low vacuum. The other is the fuel shut off under deceleraton high vacuum, clutch pedal up, transmission in gear. Truck will run fine with or without it.

Would leaving out cause california smog to fail? 
i wonder what I can replace this part with. 

Either delete it (likely a smog tech would never know), or replace it with a similar part.

FYI - you can actually petition the CA BAR for obsolete parts. If you can't get the parts needed to make your CA vehicle smog legal, they will issue you an exemption. There's a dollar limit. I think it's like $1200.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Either delete it (likely a smog tech would never know), or replace it with a similar part.

FYI - you can actually petition the CA BAR for obsolete parts. If you can't get the parts needed to make your CA vehicle smog legal, they will issue you an exemption. There's a dollar limit. I think it's like $1200.

Thanks bro. Do I delete it by plugging the lines somewhere or how? Sorry im new to carburetors 

10 hours ago, PsychoNaut04 said:

Thanks bro. Do I delete it by plugging the lines somewhere or how? Sorry im new to carburetors 

Just remove it from the system and run a new hose (without splices) to replace the two hoses connected to it, so when you go to get it smogged, it will look like it's supposed to be that way.

Take pics of how all the hoses are connected and file them away before you start changing things.

• Thanks 1

I've been looking for the same part! I believe the Nissan part number is 22363-D1700.

One outlet receives a vacuum signal from the venturi. Once venturi vacuum reaches a certain level it will cause an air bleed inside the valve to open. The other outlet is connected to the ported vacuum source. Basically, this valve causes a vacuum leak in the ported vacuum circuit when venturi vacuum is high. 

• Like 1