Center Caps for 14" Wheels

iflyfisher

I recently put a set of the original 14" chrome steel wheels on my 720. Anyone have a picture of the center caps that fit these wheels? I'd like to find a set, but not quite sure what I'm looking for. Thanks

Wheel.thumb.jpg.e9b841184191a96cdeb6b42009ecab7e.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the comments Gents. Unfortunately, none of the referenced caps will work with these wheels unless I bore out the center a bit more. These wheels are about 3 15/16" ID. They also are not perfectly round. I scrolled through all the options on JEGS and didn't see any of this size. I have seen some plastic caps that snap over the center and clip onto the lug nuts, but not a fan of those. I'm not sure what the original center caps looked like for these wheels. Maybe they never had any.

WheelCenter.thumb.jpg.17e877440bfa77d5310ec675ecdc8c3b.jpg

Edited by iflyfisher
2 hours ago, iflyfisher said:

Thanks for all the comments Gents. Unfortunately, none of the referenced caps will work with these wheels unless I bore out the center a bit more. These wheels are about 3 15/16" ID. They also are not perfectly round. I scrolled through all the options on JEGS and didn't see any of this size. I have seen some plastic caps that snap over the center and clip onto the lug nuts, but not a fan of those. I'm not sure what the original center caps looked like for these wheels. Maybe they never had any.

Do you know anyone who 3d prints?

I think I have seen that done by atleast 1 person here......

3 hours ago, iflyfisher said:

These wheels are about 3 15/16" ID. They also are not perfectly round. 

I believe those wheels are not perfectly round because the bump out locations are used for the centering (hub centric).  You would not want to use the push-through type center caps on those.  My hardbody had steel wheels with a similar center design like those and I think there were plastic center caps that snapped in with tabs.  I know I got rid of the wheels years ago, but I'll look around and see if I have the caps.  Otherwise check for Hardbody stock center caps perhaps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304843569560?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=304843569560&targetid=2315428265460&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9013165&poi=&campaignid=21399030172&mkgroupid=173029507348&rlsatarget=pla-2315428265460&abcId=9447175&merchantid=433607992&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwreW2BhBhEiwAavLwfEPr9T5DanvHmMNhL2Krpo1FbpOpEXigjSBcBCTHCtwNS3SxK_qtVhoCChkQAvD_BwE

Edited by iceman510

@Crashtd420, Don't know anyone with a 3D printer. Thx

@iceman510, I agree, I would think these wheels would use a snap in type of cap. There is room at the front hub for this type of cap to snap in. However, the rear wheel sits tight to hub all around the edge of that center bore. There would be no room for a cap to snap in unless I used some sort of spacer to pull the wheel a bit away from the hub. 

I do like this wheels. They definitely have the period vibe. But they would look better with some type of cap. I'll keep looking. 

Edited by iflyfisher