Weber installed and question about set up.

Joecar

My Weber was installed recently and just wondering if I’m missing something, truck runs and drives perfect and not really noticing an issue but wanted to see if there was something that wasn’t installed like this gold connector for like a hose that isn’t plugged into anything 

IMG_4551.jpeg

74589758652__07628C47-E7AD-4970-A601-026453287FFB.jpeg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's a float bowl vent. It may go to the EVAP can, or maybe just to the underside of the air filter. You can plug it, but it's there for a reason. Not a bad idea to use it.

Ok thanks was wondering what it was for, which port would it connect to the evap can?

That carburetor bowl vent is only used on non California high altitude models. I see no problem plumbing it into the gas tank vent line.

I would guess higher altitude (lower air pressure) would cause gasoline to 'boil' away easier. I don't know why California doesn't require it. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I tried sending more pictures but it says to big.This is the hose going to the charcoal canister by the coils.

100_9008.thumb.jpg.ca9776a6147e0e57f33a296ae4293f2f.jpg

Thank you! Do you know what hose size is needed?

• 2 weeks later...

@Joecar you could also ask this morning's question here in the thread you already started.

Hello so after having my Weber installed it runs pretty decent, sometimes in the mornings it stutters for a while then when I drive it’s fine. Truck did come from California and now it’s in Ohio so not sure if elevations changed for carb

• Like 1

Your charcoal cannister is different than mine.Your fuel line must be going to the fuel line toward the starter.Someone  must of  disconnected at the regular place by the valve cover.Also your vacuum lines are running wild.Hard to figure out how someone butchered your engine area.Was your 720 carburetored from factory.

2 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Your charcoal cannister is different than mine.Your fuel line must be going to the fuel line toward the starter.Someone  must of  disconnected at the regular place by the valve cover.Also your vacuum lines are running wild.Hard to figure out how someone butchered your engine area.Was your 720 carburetored from factory.

No it was fuel injection originally but some guy way back took it and it hasn’t been the same since, tried getting it back wi the fuel injection but could never get it working so I had no choice but to get a weber

There is a high speed idle adjustment screw. When the accelerator is depressed fully once, it puts the idle cam on that high speed screw. I set my Weber to idle a bit above 2200 when on that cam. This way I don't have to hold any throttle when starting the engine. If the accelerator is depressed a second time, the idle drops to another cam, which lowers the idle another 1000 or thereabouts. I can't remember exactly, but I think my idle drops to about 1200, which is high enough to keep the truck from stalling at intersections until the engine is warmed up. Once the choke plate fully opens, the idle will drop to the low speed setting, which I set at about 800 on my Weber. 

• Like 1

Could be your linkage is sticking.Happened to me.If you can,when it gets stuck idling high,just push the throttle with your hand and see if it idles down to your set point.If it does then your linkage is sticking,your nut there is too tight.Bend the washer that secure that nut and loosen nut a cunt hair and bend washer tab back.Here is the part that holds the nut secure.Also spray some WD-40 there.Never ever had a problem with my choke on my Weber.Change your gaskets yearly.Cheap and easy to do.Also spray some WD-40 on your high idle speed linkage.

1586-65.jpeg

1586-66.jpeg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
3 hours ago, iflyfisher said:

There is a high speed idle adjustment screw. When the accelerator is depressed fully once, it puts the idle cam on that high speed screw. I set my Weber to idle a bit above 2200 when on that cam. This way I don't have to hold any throttle when starting the engine. If the accelerator is depressed a second time, the idle drops to another cam, which lowers the idle another 1000 or thereabouts. I can't remember exactly, but I think my idle drops to about 1200, which is high enough to keep the truck from stalling at intersections until the engine is warmed up. Once the choke plate fully opens, the idle will drop to the low speed setting, which I set at about 800 on my Weber. 

Which screw is which cause i don’t have the papers that came with the carb it was left at my house before moving with me