720 King Cab 1/4 window latch substitute

Hello Folks.

It appears the window latches on our 720 KC's are a source of angst.

What are folks doing to secure the window when the plastic cam/latch breaks?

-bmep

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne, now that would work, and I'm sure anyone taking up the task would have quite a few requests as long as it wasn't cost prohibitive. I find this situation rather peculiar as there are (or were) tens, if not hundreds of thousands of Datsun/Nissan King Cabs out there and am relatively certain, albeit not positive, that of all of the quarter window issues, the latch itself would rank the highest in need of a replacement just due to its design and plastic material being stressed, inevitably failing due to age and duty cycling, which then prompted my thread topic concerning the latch, or a substitute. i.e. are owners just coming up with a makeshift, jury rigged bent wire or coathanger affair to keep the window sealed up against gasket, or?

Here are a couple of pics:

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

-bmep

When I got my truck painted a few years ago.They had a person remove the rear window when painting.Guess what he did,he cut the seal to get off and they caught hell finding me a window seal.What they did was,they bought the whole rear slider with a like new seal and gave me the rear window slider.So I have a extra rear slider.

Edited by Thomas Perkins