1978 200SX- No power to dash

On 5/15/2024 at 2:17 PM, datzenmike said:

Found what? What works? Lots of ideas where are you on that?

Ignition switch, sorry. Yeah, that works just fine. Wired up the fuel pump to it, so the car starts and runs no problem. Other than that, I haven’t had any luck these last few days. I’ve tried everything mentioned in this thread, and can’t quite figure it out. All I know is that power isn’t reaching the fusebox. Checked the inline fuse today, it’s still good. I don’t know where to go from here

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about. Told you...

On 5/13/2024 at 11:18 AM, datzenmike said:

Find the ignition switch. There should be a White wire with Red stripe. This should have 12v battery on it DOES IT????

1/  If NO go out to the battery positive terminal. It should have a thick cable down to the starter and a smaller one probably going over to the right side inner fender. Probably to a black plastic box. Take the cover off and find where the smaller wire from the battery goes. It should have two GREEN fusible links.

One of the GREEN fusible links is connected to the White/Red strip wire to the ignition. Follow the 12v from the battery to the fusible links and to the White/Red wire. Problem has to be here, likely the fusible link.

The second GREEN fusible link goes to the fuse box and powers the headlights through the headlight switch. Check both sides of the fusible link for 12v.