1986 Nissan 720 pickup Door Hinge & Pins

Noticing that door hinge pins at not available anywhere. I’ve ordered a set from Amazon, eBay, and tried other places. All the wrong sizes. I found correct sizes for the top hinge but no luck on the bottom. Anyone else come across this issue? What have y’all done? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, WrenchinWest said:

I will have to find where I got mine but I actually had to order 2 sets to get a matching top and bottom. One set the bolt pattern was wrong on top and the other the bottom one was wrong. I did order a pin kit that was supposed to be for my 720 but the original hinges don't have bushings. I do plan to rebuild them someday though so I will have spares and maybe be able to tell people how to rebuild theirs as I haven't found anyone who has done it. 

One thing I will note is when replacing the hinges do them one at a time top then bottom or vise versa otherwise it will be a pain to re-align the door so hopefully one at a time will keep it lined up. 

To replace them I just took off the bolts holding the fender that are at the front of the cab there are 2 sort of behind the door and then one as the bottom of the wheel well. Then I took a 12mm ratcheting flexible wrench and stuck my arm up the fender and replaced the hinges.

• Like 1

Long ago,my driver side door would not stay open.The bottom hinge where the star part goes up against that bar was bad.It done ate into that bar and the star there was rounded off.So the star wouldn't hold the door open.I ordered one from Ebay and it didn't fit.I sent it back and ordered one from Nissan when they still had them in stock.The top should never need to be replaced.The bottom hinge is the one that keeps the door from closing cause of the star.Not the pin.A way you may be able to fix is,get a pair of needle nose pliers and relocate the star so the good part of the star goes up against the bar to hold the door open.I did that on my passenger door and it works.I did find a site overseas and bought a new set of Nissan hinges.See on the picture.The big hinge, where the star holds onto the bar to keep the door open.There is a gap between star points where it rest on the bar.You can move the star with a pair of pliers and put a new part of the star, so it can hold onto the bar.Dont buy use ones off Ebay.The star is worn down and won't hold the door open.

s-l1200 (1).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins