FS5W71C/KA24E swap into 620

xofit

New to Ratsun long time user of Infamous Nissan but couldn't find anything there either. Been doing some research on this topic and it seems that the KA24E will fit with a little room to spare in my 620 however I'd like to keep the trans that is already with the motor which is the FS5W71C any ideas on if this would fit underneath the truck without opening up the trans tunnel? Not too worried about making a new trans mount just don't want to chop the interior up as it's pretty minty. Any input would be appreciated.😉

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If from a D21 Hardbody the 71C transmission is slightly shorter than the 620 4 or 5 speed. The D21 engine has a similar oil pan as it's from a truck also. If from the S13 then the transmission is a couple of inches longer so the front of the two piece driveshaft will need shortening and the oil pan is for a car so some mods will be required as it's also got a crank girdle.

To make this a lot easier someone has already designed engine and transmission mounts for this swap. Contact ]2eDeYe (Steve) here... https://ratsun.net/profile/38-2edeye/ any questions see him.

Doubt installation was wrong but it is possible, my father and I redid the head but i wasn't around for timing it but its been about 6kish miles since it was installed so recalling it is a lil hard for him. I'd like to keep this motor in I just hate dealing with 110 and trying to get it but its necessary for this motor due to the compression.