Difference between the PL 411 and the RL 411?

Just diving head deep into the 411 model Datsun. What is the difference between the PL and RL? Im picking up a 67 PL411 this coming week. Im coming at this from a VW perspective since that has been my main classics I like to work on and drive. I had at one time a 4 Door 512 and a 411 but the 411 was not drivable and I didn’t know which model it was. Anyway I liked the 510 a whole bunch but ended up selling it before the value jumped to heaven like the VWs. When I had it the car only cost me $200 bucks and it was not rusted or dented. Drove it for a year and sold it for $400. Won’t do that again. Anyway, hoping to get some information. Im also needing to find wiring diagrams and maybe a chilton books for repair. Parts as I figure out what it may need if any. Well, I know it needs a new drivers rear tail light because the original is busted. 

Thanks

Pete 🙂

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L always means Left hand drive

P would be the base engine. In this case a J13? R would designate the R15. 

In the 510 and the 521 the P was for L16 and L18 engines. Later vehicles with the L20B used an H

Nicoclub has wiring diagrams. The manuals come up occasionally on eBay or marketplace but I don’t ever use them as I’ve worked on enough Datsuns I just dive in.  These 411’s are pretty simple except the headlight circuit is confusing.  You’ll need to learn to take things apart annd fix. Also get on Datsun 410/411 Facebook forum.