Clutch Needs Pumping Before Operating

Hi Yall wandering if you can help diagnose small issue with clutch on my 620.  As its not driven reguarly as yet when its been sitting for a while a week or so you have to pump the clutch pedal before it works effectivley.  I had to pump it when it replaced clutch fluid as well. But would this be master or slave related or both?  Seals or just replace em both?

Once it is pumped and working is fine when driving etc in regular use it seems.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No hydraulic fluid leaks???

Reservoir is full.

Try this.... Pump up the master so it is working and disengaging the clutch and hold it there. Slowly loosen the line on the master. If any air is trapped in the master it should squeak out now and then start dripping. Tighten the fitting and see if that cure it. Keep rags handy brake fluid makes great paint remover. If you get any on paint rinse off with water.

If the master is working then fluid is being pushed down to the slave, so the slave would have to move or the pedal would be solid and not move. If the pedal moves and fluid is not being pushed out at or near the slave (leak) then I would think the master is not working properly.

5 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

my yellow 510 did this after 2 pumps it was fine on the clutch. I never looked into it.car was seldom driven.Later sold

Umm Thanks ..I think 😆

17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

No hydraulic fluid leaks???

Reservoir is full.

Try this.... Pump up the master so it is working and disengaging the clutch and hold it there. Slowly loosen the line on the master. If any air is trapped in the master it should squeak out now and then start dripping. Tighten the fitting and see if that cure it. Keep rags handy brake fluid makes great paint remover. If you get any on paint rinse off with water.

If the master is working then fluid is being pushed down to the slave, so the slave would have to move or the pedal would be solid and not move. If the pedal moves and fluid is not being pushed out at or near the slave (leak) then I would think the master is not working properly.

Thanks Mike

Has been solo effort last time so will grab one of the kids to help me next time.  When I bled the clutch last time it I was like why is no fluid coming out and I had to pump it then it was happy so will see how it goes.

I think it's obviously not moving any fluid when it's acting this way. Only thing left is to be sure the masted is completely bled though I can't see how this would cause this. If not this then a new master.