Taillight question.

pidge

Hey fellas. I’ve looked at my manuals, but only the front lights and surrounds come up. Can I get some pictures on how the rear lights mount. I had a member post up the surrounds/bezels in the “3d printing post”, but I don’t know how they mount. On my 69 I’ve got the shorter style that are found on the 520’s. maybe it’s an early production thing, I’m not sure. I’ve got a lead on some and I’m gonna try and get them off an “parts truck” this weekend. Can I perhaps get some of the members to post up pics or a diagram on how there mounted please and thanks. While I’m at it would anyone know if there’s a difference to what those taillights are mounted to between the years. My truck is buried in storage for the winter and can’t access it until spring so I’ve got no idea even how mine are mounted other than a bezel that differs from the 70 and up tails. 

IMG_4471.jpeg

IMG_4472.jpeg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This/These are the bezels in question. Driver side looks like it’s missing a goo chunk outta the bezel. I think. The truck looks really rough. I’m trying to get up and see it soon. 

IMG_0891.png

IMG_0890.png

IMG_0884.png

Edited by pidge

CrILzTy.png

is a shot of the stock 'hangers' that the taillight frames mount to (with new hardware). It's really just a Z shaped piece of metal with 2 holes on it on each side.

Here's one from a passenger side removed from the truck

lZRKXh4.jpg

It has a hanger on the left side, and shows 2 bolts off for the right side

Here is what they look like deconstructed (from when I was repairing this lense):

qYZShNP.png

You can see the tail light frame has a bunch of built in bolts that go through the rear housing and sandwich the clear and red pieces against the frame. 

picture of one removed and you can see the screws though the back before it gets all busted up when you try to take them apart lol (and you can see the right side mount point on the truck in the top of the photo:

OiOOkAd.jpg

• Thanks 1