Throttle play on weber 32/36

Veraciousreasoning

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess a 80 and 85 are totally different.The one on mine is totally different than the Webers now.Long ago,I bought my first Weber from from North American Weber.I think it was the same people that sold the Redline"s.Mine back then came with a Idle cut off solenoid.They have the big jets on them 0.155.I dont use A Weber one,couldnt get it to work,I use a Empi with their jet and O ring ,works perfect I do have a extra one too.That is how they sold them.The linkage on those are way better than the now Redline"s.You can't buy that type any where.I do have extra springs and the lock down washers.Also extra gaskets.That Weber came with a black choke.Redlines come with white Choke.The Weber I have now is a real Redline.I bought it in 2016.The gaskets need changing every so often.You can see the gas stains on the out side.I never ever had to adjust the  mixture screw.I sold the old Weber on 720 World back in 2016.I got 120 bucks for it.I sold it with the Redline throttle stuff.I do  have a you tube video with the North American Weber.If you look at the serial numbers to the right at the base.and you have a 32/36 electric choke.It will have DVAG stamped into it cause,they use the same body but that is for a water choke for some reason,they Stamp them DVAG.The V stands for right handed and the DF one's stand for left handed with means the throttle turns counter clock wise.Who all knew this.Did you just buy the carb,but not the kit.A lot of different variants with Webers.Best to buy Weber with kit.Some linkage are manual.Ifbyou tighten that linkage nut to tight it will cause it to stick and idle high also good to spray the linkage at the fast idle.When I change gaskets ,I have too or it will stick.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Yeah,I have a bunch of them.Dont tighten the nut to tight. It will cause the throttle to not return and idle high.Them lock tabs break real easy.Since you bend them.I have extra nuts too.Dont forget to set your fast idle to 2000 rpm's.Best to do when engine is cold but can manually do it hot.The screw is by the choke in a tight spot.Takes a flat head screw driver and a mirror.Spray some WD-40 on the linkage there.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

That looks totally foreign to me when I put my weber on my 82 we flipped the linkage on the carb and used the stock throttle cable bracket and it's worked totally fine.   I didn't even understand how they wanted me to use the new bracket they supplied.   Although I think they supplied me with a bracket for an l series engine because the bracket was the wrong orientation for the z series.

• Like 1
On 9/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, Thomas Perkins said:

Yeah,I have a bunch of them.Dont tighten the nut to tight. It will cause the throttle to not return and idle high.Them lock tabs break real easy.Since you bend them.I have extra nuts too.Dont forget to set your fast idle to 2000 rpm's.Best to do when engine is cold but can manually do it hot.The screw is by the choke in a tight spot.Takes a flat head screw driver and a mirror.Spray some WD-40 on the linkage there.

Yeah I'll make sure to do that. 

3 hours ago, Connor Snyder said:

That looks totally foreign to me when I put my weber on my 82 we flipped the linkage on the carb and used the stock throttle cable bracket and it's worked totally fine.   I didn't even understand how they wanted me to use the new bracket they supplied.   Although I think they supplied me with a bracket for an l series engine because the bracket was the wrong orientation for the z series.

I'm just following their manual for install. It fits just has play in it. The loxktabs should he in tomorrow and I can finally install it fully and get her turned over. 

• Like 1