Specs on jets for 521 hitachi carb

Slow Loris

I’ve got the DAF(?) manual choke hitachi carb on my 521. I believe it’s missing the secondary slow jet. Should be a one-piece. I could also be wrong.

Anyone ever sourced replacement jets for these carbs or have specs on them? I can only find service manual jet specs for newer hitachis. 

Anyone have a hitachi in their burn barrel and they are willing to part with this jet?

I think it’s #91 here:

IMG_0219.thumb.jpeg.ed642dde9031d4cf1740006fc19aab7b.jpeg

and goes here:

IMG_9563.thumb.jpeg.9f3453397a861b721252f5431340002c.jpeg

IMG_9566.thumb.jpeg.2baab736880e5c058396c2d39e711b87.jpeg

Yes I could buy the Weber, but it looks like the going rate for jets is $3 so…thought I’d try this first.

Sorry, I double dipped on this topic. Just wait I’ll post a want ad too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Slow Loris said:

I’ve got the DAF(?) manual choke hitachi carb on my 521. I believe it’s missing the secondary slow jet. Should be a one-piece. I could also be wrong.

Anyone ever sourced replacement jets for these carbs or have specs on them? I can only find service manual jet specs for newer hitachis. 

Anyone have a hitachi in their burn barrel and they are willing to part with this jet?

I think it’s #91 here:

IMG_0219.thumb.jpeg.ed642dde9031d4cf1740006fc19aab7b.jpeg

and goes here:

IMG_9563.thumb.jpeg.9f3453397a861b721252f5431340002c.jpeg

IMG_9566.thumb.jpeg.2baab736880e5c058396c2d39e711b87.jpeg

Yes I could buy the Weber, but it looks like the going rate for jets is $3 so…thought I’d try this first.

Sorry, I double dipped on this topic. Just wait I’ll post a want ad too.

I dont think that's the slow jet spot....

It wouldn't be exposed to the outside of the carburetor....

My guess is that needs a plug.... 

Its possible that's an inspection hole for the throttle blade.... I'm not sure if the Hitachi has that or not... I know weber's have something like that..... or even just a hole for manufacturing that needs to be plugged....

Edited by Crashtd420

Okay cool I’ll try plugging it. I have exactly zero experience looking at carburetors so couldn’t tell what I was seeing. I can see down that opening there is a tiny little hole off to the left of the orifice at the bottom of the opening. Looks like there is fuel shining down under that orifice.  Also it’s like a very nice conical concave fitting down there, kinda looked like it would complement the other end of some jets I was seeing pictures of…

Anyway I’ll try that and see what happens. Thanks!

• 1 month later...