fuel pumps

Roman Tasel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The factory (made in Japan) pumps have screws that hold the top and bottom together. The aftermarket don't have the screws, it is just a pressed together thing. The Japanese pumps last for decades. The aftermarket last for a year or so. The aftermarket are complete shit. I highly recommend the Japanese fuel pumps. http://www.joetlc.com had Nikki pumps on ebay for a while, you may want to check with them.

The factory (made in Japan) pumps have screws that hold the top and bottom together. The aftermarket don't have the screws, it is just a pressed together thing. The Japanese pumps last for decades. The aftermarket last for a year or so. The aftermarket are complete shit. I highly recommend the Japanese fuel pumps. http://www.joetlc.com had Nikki pumps on ebay for a while, you may want to check with them.

I got one of the pumps from joetlc. Excellent quality, better than I could ever expect. I will be polishing the upper cover and setting her in place. Well worth the price for an OEM part.

I got one of the pumps from joetlc. Excellent quality, better than I could ever expect. I will be polishing the upper cover and setting her in place. Well worth the price for an OEM part.

I think I bought like 5 of them when I did it. For $9.95ea!!

I think I bought like 5 of them when I did it. For $9.95ea!!

when was that? i know the ones on ebay are cheap, like 20 shipped, but i was told they dont last so i bought this one. then come to find out mine was fine :) i have 2 electric pumps, but cannot use them with my fuel cell (top feed) so I'm probably going to put them up for sale also once i find them. also, why did you need 5 pumps?!?

is there any danger taking it apart? i polished the top of mine with steel wool, but did a shitty job and had thought about taking it apart and hitting it with the dremel....

is there any danger taking it apart? i polished the top of mine with steel wool, but did a shitty job and had thought about taking it apart and hitting it with the dremel....

I figured the pump is new, held together by screws. Sure, there is the potential for damage to the rubber seal(s). I was going to do the same thing, polish the crap out of it with the dremel. When you polish the tops of the float bowls on a set of SUs, you can pretty much call youself a dremel pro.