720 side mirrors

I admit to liking specific neither important nor practical details. One of the things I liked about my 620 were the smaller version aftermarket "truck mirrors". Very similar to the one sold in this Ebay link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/125653489091 

It is a very common style mirror, but a hard to find size, it is 5x7, most are 7x10. I am doubting the truck style mirror of the 620 would match the 720, even in the smaller size, but I am not found of the OEM 720 mirrors. I might have found a solution in a mirror similar shaped to 720 OEM, commonly found and 5x8 sold here https://www.ebay.com/itm/253830245479

Or this sharp set at 5x8.5 https://www.ebay.com/itm/305053990735

My only concern is the "swing out" style will not work with a 720 because I do not see examples of such mirrors when searching 720 mirrors or 720 mirrors aftermarket and such. Is there a problem with this type of mirror on a 720 that I am not aware?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

image.gif.f9f0dec606759240602cf539383731be.gif

If you want your 620 to look like king Charles.

aoOK5M1.jpg

'70s and '80s GM car mirrors. Driver's side are remote adjustable. Rare but right side adjustable are around. Small discrete and streamlined.... but that's just me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pidge said:

You can try summit racing. Search “mirrors” in the search thingie. Here’s an example. 

IMG_0656.png

I was hopeful there had been others with my mirror ideas. I know I have seen Nissan and Datsun trucks with mirrors similar to what is on Summit, but I cannot seem to locate them. Is there enough of a difference visually between a 5x7 and a 5.5X8.5 to matter? Will the extra plump in the style on Summit look streamlined or look like junior wearing daddy's mirrors. And then there is the Ford "mini" ,the dimensions seem more appropriate for a "compact" truck, but their so square, man. Was I wrong to discount the Saf-T-Mirrors on a 720?

15 hours ago, datzenmike said:

aoOK5M1.jpg

'70s and '80s GM car mirrors. Driver's side are remote adjustable. Rare but right side adjustable are around. Small discrete and streamlined.... but that's just me.

Understandable, everything about your king cab speaks to discrete and streamlined.... Did you sell it, I forget? That is one beast of a 620, two point mount side mirrors with reflective chevrons would be its huckleberry.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, datzenmike said:

aoOK5M1.jpg

Then again, the size and style of this mirror is aces on any non low 620  https://www.ebay.com/itm/125653489091 

10 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Understandable, everything about your king cab speaks to discrete and streamlined.... Did you sell it, I forget? That is one beast of a 620, two point mount side mirrors with reflective chevrons would be its huckleberry.

No I hate drilling holes in Datsuns. My 521 had those 'west coast' mirrors as we used to call them. That was over 40 years ago and in another province. Didn't like them but very utilitarian. The 620 I sold the tires and the body went with it.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I went to see Star Wars in my 521 in '77. I enjoyed it. (high as fuck) never liked any after and only saw bits of them on TV. Franchises just never know when to quit.

Did Star Wars premier in 77? I saw it in 78, but my family refused to pay full price for movies, so it had to been out awhile. 

That Datsun Saf-t- side mirror on ebay that I linked. Are those mirrors fairly abundant? If I bought one, then do you  think I could find another?